Puddings for little ones?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
*Fiona*
What sort of puddings did/do you use for little babies around Kirsty's age?

Until now I've used yogurt or fruit puree. but Kirsty is moving onto self-feeding and purees are more for younger babies. I have started making my own rice pudding so that is one thing... any other ideas?
December 28th, 2009, 07:21 AM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
What classifies something as "pudding" and why is it given? As far as I know we don't give anything like that... But I don't really understand what you mean either...
December 28th, 2009, 01:41 PM
*Fiona*
I wasn't sure about the word pudding... I think you guys call it dessert?! The food you would give after the savoury main course?
December 28th, 2009, 05:40 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
Oh! Ok Yeah, dessert We don't give dessert unless we are actually having a dessert which is pretty much.... never! hah! He gets plenty of fruit and such throughout the day so I don't feel like he needs it... Don't want to get him used to something he will very rarely get in the future Hope someone else has some actual advice for you lol!
December 29th, 2009, 01:10 AM
*Fiona*
That was how I felt too... we rarely eat pudding either. Kirsty needs the extra food though. I might try and stop giving it for evening meals. The last few days I've been giving her loads more fruit - she is almost fully self-feeding (using her hands lol) and so it's soooo much easier to give her different types of foods & fruit.
December 31st, 2009, 11:56 AM
LucyRuth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine just have yoghurts as we wouldn't normally have a pudding. If we do (probably once a week) they have some too, apple crumble and custard or something
January 1st, 2010, 07:21 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mischa normally has a yoghurt or a fruit puree after she's had her main meal. Zach usually has fruit of some description after his main meal. Rather than giving them 'puddings' as such, I'd rather they had a piece of fruit to fill them up if they are still hungry after their main meal.

January 3rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amara usually has fruit with or after her meals. A nice treat is stewed apples (you can use pears as well) with cinnamon. Amara loves this.

I think it's a fairly common and super easy recipe and you can do it 2 ways, either boiling or baking.

All you need are apples/pears, cinnamon, water

- Peel and core the apples
- If baking, add to a baking dish / If boiling, add to saucepan
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Add a little water (depending on how many apples you use). You don't need to cover the apples, just enough water to help them cook and not burn.
- Cook for about 15 - 20 minutes (if baking, set oven to around 300 degrees)
- Let cool, slice into cubes and serve

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
January 5th, 2010, 03:11 AM
*Fiona*
Thank you Mari, I do plan to try Kirsty with cooked slices/cubes of apple. I gave her a slice of uncooked apple just before Christmas but she choked soooo badly on it! I got such a fright.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search