Cant handle rice cereal?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ok so this is a follow up my other post about it being a coincidence or if the cereal was bothering him. We quit cereal for 2 days and dylan did great. He went back to sleeping through the night and his diaper rash went away and he started acting like himself again. Well I gave him cereal last night and same thing., Cranky woke up during the night and now he has diaper rash again.

What if he cant handle the cereal? Then what do I do. I have talked to my dr but honestly he wasnt much help in fact he was kind of rude. DO I try and different kind of rice cereal? Or try and different kind of cereal such as oats or whatever other kinds there are?
May 25th, 2006, 05:17 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would try oatmeal ceral. Just mix it up the same way. Its thicker then the rice ceral and smells better too!
I use the Gerber kind its does good!

Sorry your Dr was rude.. Zoes dr is like that sometimes it really makes me angry cuz he acts like im an idot. Pffft

Keep us posted on how hes doing!

May 26th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He is still pretty young, I would suggest just waiting until he is about 4.5-6mths. Babies stomaches arent designed to digest solids until about 6mths.

also, what kind of cereal do you use? If you are going to keep giving him cereal, maybe try Nestle. I found out of all cereals, this one to be best. You can even see when u mix it that its a lot finer.
May 26th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are using Gerber Rice Cereal. I have continued since he seemed to have gotten better and it seems like everything is ok. His diaper rash has cleared up and everything. So Im just hoping that it had to do with the teething.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search