Ceral

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Ceral
I use water 3 30.00%
I use breastmilk 1 10.00%
I use forumula 4 40.00%
I add it in with babyfood 0 0%
Other 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2006, 06:38 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wonderding how everyone mixes there babys ceral

May 31st, 2006, 06:44 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I just add water now. When I first started him on veggies and fruit, I would add it to his cereal. But now I serve everything separately.

May 31st, 2006, 06:52 AM
I started mixing it w/ formula when she just had ceral alone
now i mix it with water then add some babyfood to it ive noticed the texture is a little better and she eats it better rather then when i just added it in the babyfood

May 31st, 2006, 09:54 PM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am actually mixing it with juice because he was getting constipated from it and thats what the dr recommended otherwise I would be mixing it with breastmilk.
June 1st, 2006, 06:20 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I mix it with apple or pear juice (watered down) because our ped said that the Vit. C helped with the iron absorption. Plus, some of the foods make him constipated and the juice helps with that too.

June 2nd, 2006, 08:46 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Depends on the brand. Around here the two main brands are heinz and nestle. With nestle there are two varieties, add formula only or add water. I try to get the add water kind when I get nestle, but heinz says add whatever so I add water.

I have never mixed cereal with his other solids. I give him cereal for breakfast, and whatever other solids the rest of the day. He loves all cereals so far and my doc said right now cereal is most importantn for the iron, but the other stuff is more for finding out if he has allergies or what he likes and doenst like, so I try to give him foods individually to see what he likes.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

June 3rd, 2006, 09:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i also depend on the brand, In Canada we have just add water, add anything, or add breastmilk of formula. I use the just add water or add anything cereal. Recently i have been using juice in it for some flavour, or i add some fruit baby food.
June 3rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
andrewsmommyNdrubieswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsmommyNdrubieswife
i have a 8week old when do u think i can start him on cerael???? he is always hungry...

June 3rd, 2006, 05:43 PM
bpinkbutterfly23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to bpinkbutterfly23
I would wait until 4 months, but you're the mom so you should decide what will benefit your child. If you do give cereal early try the sassy cereal feeder bottle, or try formula with added rice like Enfamil AR.
June 3rd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
how hungry? Cohen was a big eater as well, but I learned that it not uncommon. He ate every 3 hours and generally ate more than the average amount of formula, but he lasted till 6 months with no solids(well a bit of cereal during the 5th month but not much). I would try increasing how much formula he gets first. Its hard for a baby under 4 months to digest cereal. their bodies arent ready for it.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

June 3rd, 2006, 08:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I woudl wait until at LEAST 4 mths, but 6mths is best. I started at 5.

A baby's belly isnt designed to digest solids that young, cereal in a bottle can cause choking, may create food allergies at a young age or later down the road (all solids started too early), may make them drink less formula, whihc isnt good because that is the required nutrition for your baby from 0-12mths. A baby wont even open its mouth to a spoon at 2mths old. IMO, i would wait, it would be best.

How much formula are you feeding your baby and how often?

If a baby regularly empties a bottle up the amt of formula by 1 or 2 oz. until you are at 6-8oz. My daughter is 7mths old and drinks 7oz per bottle. She has been at that since about 4.5mths old.
June 4th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I think its up to you and when you feel he is ready to have it.
Zoe was on ceral in her bottle early cuz of reflux then we just started feeding it to her. You can check with your Ped also..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search