my daughter is a picky eater!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to heavenleighmommi
My daughter used to be a great eater. She actually loved the veggies more than fruits. Well now she is 9 months and lately she has only been wanting my food to eat, but she wont eat anything healthy, even if it is my food. Pretty much all she will eat is mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, scrambled egg, sweet potatos, and small amounts of ice cream, oh and rice crispies. I can not seem to get her to eat anything healthy ( like brocoli or carrots). I tried buying those baby toddlers foods, the ones that come in a little cup thing, she wont eat those either. I have no idea what to feed her that she will still like and that will be good for her. Does anyone else have this problem? and if so any ideas to help me out on what I can feed her b/c I am so lost!

June 6th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From everything that I have read between 8-12+ months they go through phases where they basically will only eat certain things. I also read that its not really a big deal and it will pass. I know as moms we worry but it looks like some of the things that she eats isnt too bad. Hopefully if you continue to eat good stuff that she will want to be like mommy!!! I agree with her on the vegatables lol im not a big veggie eater. Im sure that when Dylan is a little older and eating more solid table foods that I will have to make sure that we eat that kind of stuff!! HTH
June 8th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my son is 8 months and a very picky eater! we are still in the experimental phase, introducing stuff, but he HATES most foods. What I found out , is that he doesnt actually hate most foods, but hates most brands lol. I just switched to beachnut and he is eating it all up! The foods he rejected with other brands he is going hmm over now and opening wide for. maybe try a different brand and see if it helps or perhaps try making your own baby food. Some of those jarred foods smell like dog food, I can see why they dont like them.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search