I don't know what to do...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
...looks like my baby is sick! I don't really know what is wrong with him. He has been spitting up a lot more lately. He gets these periods where he will be really lethargic and will go into a daze where Steve or I can't sanp him out of it unless we shake him or something. I am really upset about it. We made a doctor's appointment for him tomorrow. Steve said it looks like it could be a mal petit epileptic seizure. I don't know, but it sounds scary. It is better than a grand mal seizure, but epilepsy seems scary just the same. We'll find out tomorrow. He is sleeping peacefully in his bed right now. It all started yesterday and I didn't get a good night's sleep last night because I was so worried. Hopefully I sleep better tonight, knowing that he is going to see the doctor tomorrow. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do? Or maybe what it could be?!?

June 13th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Ashes78
Does he have any fever at all?
June 13th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the fever was my first thought too!!! I dont know hun I hope its nothing really serious. I know my dr said that there is a really bad stomach bug going around and that sounds like all of the symptoms. Hopefully its just something like that. Let us know!
June 14th, 2006, 06:01 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really know what to tell you other than ask the doctor a lot of questions and try to stay positive. Please keep us posted!

June 14th, 2006, 06:33 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs* Hope the dr appt goes well make sure to update asap!

June 15th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
We went to the doctor, and we waited 2 hours to be seen. It was insane! I guess it was really backed up. I told Steve that if our doctor wasn't so good, I would be tempted to find someone else. pffft.

Anyway, he checked everything and said that he appeared to be normal. He said that he wasn't sure it was epilepsy, and that it was really hard to tell in babies under the age of one. So what he did was ask for a urine sample so they can rule out other things. I guess they can pretty much diagnose numerous infections through a urine sample. When we were done at the doctors office, we went to the hospital to grab a pediatric urine collector...a little bag that you put over the penis to collect urine. THANK GOD Steve is a nurse, because I was so stressed out over it, I am sure I would have put it on wrong. He says he has done lots but never on babies. Anyways, we got the urine sample and transferred it to the pee cup and refigerated it overnight (specimen is closed after 9 pm) so I'm going to take it up to the hospital in an hour or so when they re-open.

The doctor wasn't really worried. He said that Aiden may have had a bout of the flu. He suggested another infection (not sure the name of it, Steve knew what it was) and said it was very minor that can be treated by antibotics, but it can really upset their whole system when they get it.

So, anyways, everything should be okay. I had a good night of sleep last night because I was less worried about him, and he has been free of the blank stares/lethargy for a day now, so I am happy.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search