my little girl hates her food..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2006, 04:37 PM
youngmum123
my little girl kaylee is.. 6 months old.... i feed her rice cereal.. She’ll eat that and then I make her sweet potato… or pumpkin.. But add breast milk with it.. Or egg custard… But with anything else she hates it and pulls faces and spits it out and gags …. I dunno what to do.. Because I want her eating different solids.. She don’t like the meals that are pre made…

She started eating solids when she was going on 6 months… but yeh… im new to all of this.. So please help..
June 27th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!! I hope you stay around with us!!!

My son was the opposite he wouldnt eat the rice cereal and we think there may have been an allergy but besides that lol......I think with the food it takes a while. My son has been on veggies for about a week now and the first couple of days we got maybe 4 spoonfuls down before he decided that was it and most of those spoonfuls were running down his chin because he would spit it out. I wouldnt worry too much she will eventually learn to like it. I think just as of today my son realized that he liked the food and that it was good.

Also one other thing I noticed was that when I mixed breastmilk with cereal or anything he wouldnt touch it and Im not sure why. Maybe dont add breastmilk and use just water or juice.

Hope this helps!!!

Jessica
June 27th, 2006, 10:27 PM
youngmum123
Yeh I dunno maybe she will get use to it..? I dunno…
She will only eat her rice cereal with breast milk… and her food… I hope she does start to like it… but I will just have to wait and see what happens I guess…

i will just keep feeding her and maybe she will end up taking to it...
June 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had and still have this problem with my son but its so much better now. I was giving him mostly a certain brand of food(heinz) and then i tried generic and he still wasnt keen, then I tried beechnut, which I have only found at ONE store here for some reason, but he LOVES beechnut. Many of the foods he wouldnt eat from heinz, he goes yum about from beechnut. So if you havent already tried different brands thats an option. Otherwise what I do, if I am giving him something he isnt keen on I mix in something I know he likes. Like my son LOVES peas(what a wierdo eh, most babies hate peas lol), so when I'm giving him beef(which he gags on if I give it alone) I mix in peas with it or carrots and he eats it up and thinks its wonderful.

They also say that what your baby doesnt like this week they may like the next, so if you see she doesnt like something, she may like it later on.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

July 4th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Mommy2B&R's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, it may take up to 10-15 times of trying a new food for a baby to end up liking it. You've just started, so be patient and introduce new foods slowly. Give them 3 or 4 days before you start a new one.

July 10th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is Kaylee doing with her food now??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search