noodles

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2006, 08:26 AM
Phoenix2Light's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix2Light
Ok so, we live in China and my baby is half chinese....what do you think he wants to eat most? That's right! Noodles! Just like his daddy this little guy is dying to eat noodles with us, we make our own with regular flour but he's only 5 1/2 months or so. I've searched this topic but haven't really found to much info on giving a baby noodles. My mother in law says that, when my husband was a baby at 6 months he would eat noodles made from flour and eggs (helped with him pooping all the time), we're thinking about trying this also but I just want to know if anyone has had any experiences with starting on things like this.

July 3rd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry Im no help I even tried to search and find something on it and cant find anything.
July 6th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Phoenix2Light's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix2Light
Ok well there is no official doctor here, there are traditional medicine doctors and doctors that I don't trust...so we're using his great uncle for advice at this point til we find someone that knows wth they're talking about (I'll update on this one later in the playroom).

So what I did find out however from researching this and also asking a few chinese mamas was that first we have to give him oatmeal and barley cereals to test for any allergies, and then at 8 months we can try making the noodles with egg yolks only (although, my mama (andys mom ok...she is mama to me by heart) says that she used the whole egg in andys noodles from 4-5 months and this helped stop his constant pooping habit he had). I'm so excited to try these! Poor little Yu Qi is so ready to have noodles, he drools all over himself whenever he watches us eating them that I usually try to hide it from him, he'll even making chewing motions with his mouth when I'm chewing them >_<...this boy has definitly got some chinese in him huh?

July 6th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think noodles would be ok, I have given Cohen jarred foods that contained macaroni, and I think the lable may have said 8 months. I would try giving your son other foods first and then introducing noodles, but I would try and make them with only the egg yolks, because egg whites are highly allergenic and its reccommened to wait till one year from them.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

July 10th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you try noodles yet?? When you do you have to get pictures for us!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search