Which Fruit to Start with ?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2006, 01:59 PM
MamaBx3
I've heard applesauce .. But I have no idea .
Any one know ??
July 5th, 2006, 04:23 PM
chlodoll
I think applesauce, pears or peaches. The pecahes have a bit of sour to them though, and so do the bananas! If you are going to give Vae bananas I would just mush up a real banana yourself.
July 5th, 2006, 06:03 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if it truly matters--we did pears and prunes and then just picked stuff out to try.

July 5th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we did bananas, then pears then peaches and he has hated them all. Today we did applesauce and he loved them.
July 5th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the first one I did was applesauce cause I heard its the easiest to digest one, and the last one I did was bananas cause I think I heard that was the hardest to digest. Like another poster said, I dont think it really matters which order. Cohen hates all the fruits except applesauce.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

July 5th, 2006, 09:30 PM
MamaBx3
Thanks girls !

We did pears .. she kept shivering haha I guess it was a bit sour for her ! I tried putting it in the cereal and she just gagged haha So I think she's liking them on their own !
July 6th, 2006, 07:20 AM
chlodoll
Thats so cute Britanie! Isaiah did that when he first had bananas! She might like it more if you made it yourself. It would be sweeter that way. I want to make my own but right now its just so easy to buy it premade!
July 7th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Dylan doesnt really like any of the fruits that he has had and i think we have done all of the stage 1's except prunes lol

Maybe if I make some of my own he would eat them? who knows!!! Maybe we will switch brands on some of the fruits.
July 8th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Jenny Lee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ryland's only had applesauce so far. As far as fruit goes, I plan on trying pears next.

July 8th, 2006, 07:59 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Liam likes everything so far but we started with pears. He has poopy problems so I didn't want to give him anything to bind him up like applesauce or bananas. He's had pears, prunes, peaches, apricots, plums, and bananas for the first time today--he loves them all!

I don't think it matters what you start with or what order you give them in. I give him the pears, prunes, or plums when he needs to poop and we did the bananas today because he was a little runny. It's all really a personal preference, if it doesn't look good to me, I don't give it to him.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 9th, 2006, 08:07 PM
MamaBx3
Quote:
Thats so cute Britanie! Isaiah did that when he first had bananas! She might like it more if you made it yourself. It would be sweeter that way. I want to make my own but right now its just so easy to buy it premade![/b]
haha Ditto ! I want to make mine , no time though ! Or .. I can't find time lol

Quote:
Liam likes everything so far but we started with pears. He has poopy problems so I didn't want to give him anything to bind him up like applesauce or bananas. He's had pears, prunes, peaches, apricots, plums, and bananas for the first time today--he loves them all!

I don't think it matters what you start with or what order you give them in. I give him the pears, prunes, or plums when he needs to poop and we did the bananas today because he was a little runny. It's all really a personal preference, if it doesn't look good to me, I don't give it to him. [/b]
Nevaeh some times has poopy problems ! I didn't know applesauce can back it up .. I gave that to her today , because she needs to poop . bad mommy.
July 10th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Britanie have you tried any other fruits yet? How'd she like them?
July 11th, 2006, 03:25 PM
MamaBx3
We've done applesauce and prunes , SHE LOVES PRUNES !

I swear she would have ate the whole jar if I had let her !

I usually pour not even half the jar into her bowl and that's all she wanted, well she ended up wanting more than that !!
I didn't want to give her the whole thing just in case she was allergic or she pooped all over the place haha But they didn't seem to effect her at all .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search