New here!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2006, 08:10 AM
viXen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi my name is Jessica! I am 22 years old, engaged to Nathan who is 21 year old. We have a beautiful daughter Dakota, who will be 4 months old on July 21st.

At Dakota's 2 month appointment her ped suspected she would be an early eater as she has a very big appetite and is a very calm baby. She told me though not to start solids until she was 4 months old. We have tested out solids (just cereal and greenbeans) a little after she turned 3 months due to her big appetite and she did very well with them but was frustrated with a diaper rash and teething so we stopped that.

Last night we re-introduced solids, we gave her carrots. She ate the whole stage 1 jar and was pretty upset we weren't going to give her anymore. We did make a big mess, but that was from her trying to grab the jar, the spoon, and sticking her fists in her mouth lol. She does not have a pushing reflex anymore so keeping the food in her mouth isn't a problem. I suspect she is about 16lbs now (7lbs 3oz at birth).

We have her 4 month appt on the 21st so I will be asking my doctor a whole bunch of questions but thought maybe you ladies could give me some advice. Since she is eating the whole jar of food, should I just offer her formula if she is still hungry or should I offer more food? I give her her normal bottle and then about 2 hours later I will give her a veggie, then she will have her last bottle for the night about an hour or 2 after that. Is it okay for me to do cereal and a fruit for breakfast? I just don't want to over-feed her since she is such a piggy!

July 16th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name is Jessica also and im the co host of this board.

I hope you stick around with us!!!

As far as over feeding im not sure either. I think you should feed your baby until they are full IMO. My son some nights will eat a whole stage 2 jar but then just have a little for breakfast and lunch the next day and just a little for dinner also. So to me he was just hungry. After the whole stage 2 jar I just nursed him though until he was full rather than giving another jar of food. Let us know what your dr says. Id be curious to know!!!

Jessica
July 16th, 2006, 12:16 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! I agree with Jessica--I feed Troy until he's full--sometimes it's 2 jars (2's) and sometimes it's a 1/2. I would definitely talk to your ped to see what they say. Just be prepared for more poops and more gas as you go along!!!!! That's what happened to Troy anyway!

July 18th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is the feeding going?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search