Is he not ready?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2006, 04:30 PM
*~Jen~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've just started in the last week giving my son a little bit of rice cereal in the morning and a little in the evening. The first time we did it, he ate and got mad every time I took the spoon away because he wanted the food to keep coming out of it like a bottle! Now, he'll open his mouth and do ok for a few bites, but then he starts making faces and crying so I just stop. The last few times we haven't gotten more than 5-6 bites before he just starts spitting everything out and crying.

So, does he just not like the cereal or is he not ready? He's almost 4 months. He's a big hungry boy...he's breastfed, but he gets a bottle of EBM at bedtime and he's been downing 8 oz. like it's nothing. He's probably around 17-18 pounds now (maybe more...I have no idea...he was 15 1/2 at 2 months). I bought some oatmeal and I think we're going to give that a try and if he doesn't like it we'll just hold off for a little while and just skip the cereal and go on to veggies in a month or so. He goes for his 4 month appointment in 2 weeks so I'll definitely be talking to our pediatrician about all this then. But I just thought someone here might have some advice! Thanks!!!

July 19th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Dono92000
I know Donovan just doesn't like the taste of it! I have to mix it with water and a bit of juice or he won't eat it. Or maybe he's not ready. But sounds like he's a good eater!!! Some mix the cereal with fruit too.
July 19th, 2006, 06:02 PM
*~Jen~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah he didn't like the rice!

I wasn't going to try the oatmeal tonight because he's been a little cranky today but he got a little catnap and was in a good mood before bedtime so I went ahead and just attempted it. He gobbled it up and was all smiles the whole time.

July 20th, 2006, 10:24 AM
chlodoll
Isaiah hates cereal. I think its because of the breastmilk. He is confused lol He thinks if I wanted breastmilk I would just nurse! But then he loved applesauce. If he isnt enjoying it I would just hold off for a bit and try something else in a month or 2.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search