At my limit w/ BF...Very picky eater here!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Super Mommy
My son is now 15 months and still avidly breastfeeding. I want to be done by 18 months but it doesn't look like he has any interest in stopping. One might say he's obsessed and that my breasts are his woobies!
He has always flat out rejected any formula. He barely drinks juice, water, whatever! He likes a few select snacks. He refuses any vegetable or fruit and will no longer eat from a spoon which he only did for a very short period of time anyhow. He never got into eating baby food or anything mushy. The longest I can get him to go in between feedings when it's just me around is 1 1/2 hours and just barely! When hubby or my mom is around he can go hours w/ little or no fuss. Breastfeeding has become unpleasant and very restricted and I so want it over with. Was never something I really enjoyed like other women seem to feel but it's the best thing for the baby so I was no going to be selfish and deprive my child ya know...
Oh...and pumping my milk has always been a chore as even when I was super engorged in the beginning I could still barely get any out. Now it's even worse though I am still producing milk just fine. I can get maybe 2 oz in about 4-7 pumping sessions so pumping is not an option. I have to pump multiple times a day for a couple weeks to prep for when hubby or my mom need to watch him. My son will also not drink pumped milk which has been frozen too long. Clearly the taste is greatly affected. I don't need a bunch of sympathy replies (though the thought is appreciated) but more so advice. Anyone else been/going through this w/ a picky eater and breast obsessed child?
July 22nd, 2006, 07:04 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay--haven't really been through it, but have a friend who has gone through something similar. Her son refused baby food completely-I think he ate a couple bites once. He will eat people food like crazy though--she just hands him a bite or lets him take a bite off of whatever she's eating. She also was feeding him ALL day and got so tired bc he was "snacking" every 1 1/2 hours instead of eating for awhile to fill up. He was doing this at night and she was worn out (they were co sleeping). To fix this, she put him in a crib--took some CIO though (don't know if you are against this). It sounds like he wants comfort from you and BF is the only thing he wants. Have you tried regular milk now that he's over a year? Does he like that??? Will he take a sippy cup at all or a straw??? Has he eaten much table food??? It's going to be tough, but maybe instead of BF when he gets fussy with you, do something else--play, read, sing, let him drink out of a straw or something...HTH Good luck and keep us posted!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search