eggs anyone?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Phoenix2Light's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix2Light
Anybody tried to give their baby egg yolks yet? YuQi hasn't had any food allergies at all yet and his father and I both didn't have any allergies when we were babies (I had an allergy to orange juice, which my mother gave me a little early but citrus is hard to digest for babies anyhow) and his father even ate egg yolks at 6 months also. I found this "recipe" if you can call it that for starting a baby on egg yolks that I'm really wanting to try but just curious as to if anyone with a 6 month old (or younger) has tried them or meats in general.

They say, to put an egg in a pot, cover it with water and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove and drain off hot water and add cold water. When egg is cooled to crack open and remove white. Smash the egg yolk in a bowl and add bm or formula (whichever you use) and give the baby a little at a time.

Update: So we tried egg yolks today Man, this little boy gobbled them down like they were going out of style it was too funny. So far so good, we tried them early this morn and it's already night here and no problems so I'm happy. We're going to make those noodles next week

by the way, I HATE poached eggs so I'm not going to poach them for him either, we just boil them and then seperate them, it's just easier that way

August 1st, 2006, 12:48 PM
** Mandy **
It scares me to give Ally eggs at this point.

August 10th, 2006, 03:17 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
Rebekah's Dr said I could, but I don't handle egg's very well so I am waiting on those.

August 10th, 2006, 03:50 PM
BluvnU4evr's Avatar Erica
sorry, i haven't tried to give her egg yolks. dh and i are thinking to about just giving her fruits and veggies until 8months or so.

although i've never tried it, couldn't you just seperate the raw egg white and yolk before you poach it?

August 10th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
because my ds is allergic, we aren't doing eggs with Julianna till she is 2.. she tested neg. .for eggs, but the allergist still told us to wait.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search