New to baby foods...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Super Mommy
Ryan's been getting solids for 2 months now (he's 8 months old) and it's only in the last few weeks that he's really started to get interested in them (phew - I was starting to get worried!). This week we went from two meals a day to three - breakfast, lunch, dinner. I'm wondering what others feed for these meals. Right now we're doing rice cereal and a fruit for breakfast, a veggie for late lunch and oatmeal and a fruit or veggie for dinner. Does this sound about right? We're still on the stage 1's. And how many bottles a day?
Thanks!
- Xty
August 18th, 2006, 07:02 AM
pjcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
my little guy get ceral and 1/2 jar fruit for brekfast, then the other half of the fruit and 1/2 jar of veggie for lunch, then it is the other half jar of the veggie and a jar of meator dinner for supper. he nurses about 6x a day and get about 6-8 of juice/water a day and has puff snacks too. (all Stage 2 jars)

Wow looking at that my little guy is a pig.
August 18th, 2006, 08:41 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On a normal day (when teething isn't an issue):
Nurse early am whenever he wakes up
BF--cereal and fruit (stage 2)
Nurse after nap
Lunch--Stage 2 Veggie and Fruit (sometimes he wants more, but not always)
Nurse after nap
Dinner--cereal, Stage 2 Fruit and Veggie
Nurse before bed

August 18th, 2006, 12:12 PM
~Heather~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Heather~
Blaise is 6 months old-and he has been on this same schedule for 2 months.

Breakfast - 9 oz rice cereal bottle w/1 #2 jar fruit
Lunch- 2 jars of #2 baby food, usually fruit & vegtable
Supper- 2 jars #2 baby food, usually fruit & vegtable/meat
Bedtime- 9 oz bottle rice cereal bottle w/ #2 jar fruit

In between his meals he has a juice or water sippy cup.

August 22nd, 2006, 09:26 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my doc said cereal 2X a day till ATLEAST a year old cause they need the iron. I was looking at the baby food jars and even theones with meat say if they eat a whole jar they get between 5-8% of their daily iron from that one meal but most cereals say 45% from the one feeding of cereal. So we do cereal and fruit for breakfast. Meat and veg for lunch with a bit of cottage cheese and fruit for dessert. and for supper we do some more cereal followed by whatever is leftover basically.. if i have some veg i add that, fruit add that meat and veg add that, etc.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

August 23rd, 2006, 11:02 PM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dylan is almost 7 months now and he doesnt really eat all that much baby food.

He cant have rice cereal because he had reactions to it early on. But he nurses in the morning has about 1/2 a stage 2 jar or fruit nurses 1/2 a stage 2 jag of veggie for lunch and then nurses a couple more times has 1/2 a jar of veggie for dinner and nurses a couple more times before bed.

It depends on the day but his schedule varies widely daily. Some days he eats others he doesnt really!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search