When do you start

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 09:43 AM
2boys+alittlelady2luv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Introducing stage 3 foods. I have noticed that Connor likes food with more substance. Not just runny. At what age do you start introducing the Stage 3?

August 18th, 2006, 11:11 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think there's an age--more of a readiness. Troy doesn't like a lot of texture, so he won't do most of the 3's, but a friend of mine whose baby was born 5 weeks after Troy has had him on Stage 3's and some table food for weeks now. I would try them and see how he does.

August 18th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol are probably aware... but just incase did you know your ticker says your baby is 3 weeks old? i have noticed it before and each time i do a when i see you on the baby feeding board lol and then i see you are in the jan PR and I go "oh!!!" lol.

Anyway it depends on the brand. I have found that with some brands, the stage 3 jars are the exact same as the stage ones only bigger jars. But with companies like heinz, they have stage one and 2 which are pretty much the same and then suddenly jump to stage 3 which has big chunks of stuff they can choke on. I agree that it depends on the age... but also the brand. If your baby has been allergy tested for most of the stuff in the stage 3 jar, try it out, but if you havent introduced anything chunky yet, take it slow. for example, the stage 3 heinz have full pieces of carrots, chicken, peas, potatoe etc that can easily be choked on. Sorry I am not much help since I dont know which brand you mean, but for most brands, stage 3 just equals bigger jar without a change in consistency that I have noticed, other than heinz.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

August 22nd, 2006, 11:59 AM
2boys+alittlelady2luv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
lol are probably aware... but just incase did you know your ticker says your baby is 3 weeks old? i have noticed it before and each time i do a when i see you on the baby feeding board lol and then i see you are in the jan PR and I go "oh!!!" lol.[/b]

LOL...well I hope it is just the font, cause I see it says 32 weeks and 3 days old. either that or it isn't working right.

Anyway I use Gerber food. And I have seen that the stage 3 jars do have some chunks in them. I am nust not sure how big and how mushy they are.

Thanks for your feedback ladies.

August 24th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was thinking that I would start Dylan on Stage 3's (Gerber) when he got a tooth or teeth lol As of right now we have none so I think Im going to wait until then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search