how do you know...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2006, 07:29 PM
*~Jen~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seth is 5 months old. Right now he gets breakfast - 2-3 T of oatmeal cereal with half a stage 1 container of fruit (sometimes he eats the entire container). Then he eats an entire stage 1 container of veggies for dinner. He gets breastmilk about every 3.5-4 hours in the mornings and evenings, but during the middle of the day he acts like he's starving and I've been nursing him every 2-2.5 hours recently and sometimes as often as every hour. He never seems to eat a whole lot at these feedings, but I'm wondering if he's wanting more? I was thinking I'd start offering lunch around 6 months, but I'm thinking he's ready now. If I knew how much breastmilk he was drinking this would be easier, but I have no clue. All I know is it's just not seeming like it's staisfying him during the middle of the day. What do you think? Is he too young for 3 meals a day? He's a big boy...he's probably around 19 pounds right now.

August 28th, 2006, 07:02 AM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
i would think if he's really taken to his baby food well and he seems to be starving like that ...he is ready for more solid food by now! i say go for it! at 5 mos ..my oldest was full on with solids for 3 meals per day and of course her formula too!
August 28th, 2006, 10:08 AM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
Seems like he is ready. Give it a try and if he does not want it he will let know!

August 28th, 2006, 11:22 AM
~Heather~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Heather~
I would say he is ready.

This has been Blaise's schedule for about a month or longer.

When he wakes up - breakfast 9 oz bottle of cereal or oatmeal with a #2 jar of fruit

Lunch- 2 #2 jars of baby food. meat/vegtable & dessert

Mid day- bottle of juice or water

Supper- 2 #2 jars of baby food. meat/vegtable & dessert

Before bed 9 oz bottle of cereal with #2 jar of fruit

August 28th, 2006, 03:20 PM
*~Jen~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I offered him lunch today and he ate 1 1/2 stage 1 containers of fruit then went down for a really good nap! I definitely think he's ready for 3 meals a day!

August 28th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Tacey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacey
Preston is 5 1/2 months and we started him out on rice cereal (4 1/2 months-5 months)then we started giving him mixed cereal (5 months-present). I plan on making my own baby food and when he is 7 months we are going to start giving him veggies. After ALL the veggies we are going to give him fruits. We will start giving him juice at 6 months though. We are going to give him 1 cup for juice and 1 cup for milk to get him off the bottle by one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search