Meals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2006, 12:24 PM
MamaBx3
Nevaeh is just over 7 months .
I usually give her cereal around 10:30 in the morning , and then she gets dinner at about 5:30 or 6:00 . Do you think i could throw in a lunch around , say , 2:00 ?

For dinner she gets a veggie/meat and a fruit .. Would it be ok to give her the same for lunch ? (differnet foods obviously)

I just don't know how much is too much ..

Thanks !
September 8th, 2006, 12:53 PM
pjcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
Emery gets:
Breakfast: creal & 1/2 jar fruit
Lunch: other half of fruit & 1/2 jar veggie
Supper: other half of vegie & meat
Get puffs for snacks and nurses about 6x a day
September 8th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Tacey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacey
Preston will be 6 months next week and he's had cereal since 4 1/2 months mixed with 2 oz of formula. Around 5 months he moved up to 3 oz. But only in the morning. SOMETIMES he'll eat 2 oz in the afternoon, but that is like 2 times a week.

We are going to start with peas next week (6 months) Our plan is

Cereal in the morning with 4oz of milk
Peas for lunch with 4oz of milk

and his regular 5-6oz formula intake at each feeding.

My PED said it was a great plan.

September 8th, 2006, 03:32 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm in the same position as you Britanie, and Aylie schedule is just like Nevaeh's too. And if I add in "lunch" do I cut out a formula feeding?
September 8th, 2006, 06:54 PM
MamaBx3
Thanks girls !

I don't think cutting the formula out is such a good idea though ..
September 9th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didnt cut out any of Dylans nursings I just added in the lunch veggie. He only eats half a jar maybe but after he eats that he usually wants to nurse. So I dont think you should cut out any of her feedings just add in the lunch.
September 9th, 2006, 05:22 PM
MamaBx3
Thanks girls !
September 11th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Dono92000
Donovan is eating three meals a day now.
cereal and 1 stage 2 jar fruit for breakfast
veggie jar for lunch
another jar of whatever for dinner
plus his 18-24oz of formula and usually a teething biscuit or some puffs in there somewhere. Donovan let me know when he was needing more food. At first we just did breakfast and lunch. But then he was getting cranky in the evenings so I started feeding him then too and he's been happy ever since.
September 12th, 2006, 08:52 AM
~Heather~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Heather~
Here is Blaise's schedule-

About 8:30 -Breakfast- 9 oz cereal bottle (6 oz formula) with 1 stage 2 jar of fruit
Lunch around 11 or 12 Stage 2 jars of veggies or meat and jar of fruit ( 2 jars of baby food)
Supper between 5-7 (2 jars of baby food) stage 2 jars of veggies/meat and jar of fruit
Bedtime 9-11 9 oz cereal bottle (6 oz formula) with 1 stage 2 jar of fruit

In between meals, he drinks juice or water from a sippy cup. No bottles during the day. He has just 2 bottles a day, and if I actually would fed him the cereal with spoon then he wouldn't be on a bottle at all. He could care less about a bottle, just as long as he gets his food, lol.

Plus, he eats off our plates. Whatever we are eating he wants some, and he could just get through with his supper but he still wants whatever we got.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search