we had our first food allergy!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Phoenix2Light's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix2Light
The bad part about it was, I think maybe we're too relaxed on him trying new foods and so we're not sure what it was that gave him the allergy, although I have a sneaking suspicion as to what it was. I saw the posts on yogurt and we experimented with it about 4 days ago or so, with no problems the first day (there is no such thing as baby yogurt out here, but then again the yogurt itself is completely different and it all natural yogurts with real fresh fruits added), so we tried grape yogurt. He loves it. We've tried grapes before so I wasn't worried about him being allergic to this but we've never had the yogurt before. So the next day I'm sitting there eating a strawberry and banana yogurt and here he comes mama mama (open mouth, give me some please type face) so I say "what the heck" and give him some even though he's never tried strawberrys. Later that day I was also eating a strawberry icecream and here he comes again mama mama so I gave him a little (we've also tried ice cream no problems, oh and ice cream is also different out here btw, this what I am eating is like....fresh fruit smashed and then frozen, no milk involved or additives).

The sad thing was we also have just started him on a new type of noodle which he loves not the day before he tried the yogurt. I'm seriously thinking it was the strawberrys but since I don't know I had to just cut out everything until this little rash on his cheeks goes away. I'm so sad, he hates that he can't eat noodles and Andy and I are both dying to eat more yogurt but decided not to so he won't want any.

I deserve a good kick in the rear lol. But we're going to try it one thing at a time when the rash clears up, first the noodles (since this is his and his nana's breakfast and they LOVE to eat together), then grape yogurt again but no strawberrys. Even if he wasn't allergic to them, I think I'm gonna wait on that one....

September 10th, 2006, 10:14 AM
yasmine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aw poor baby..yeah I think they say no strawberries till a year old, they're one of those highly allergenic foods so that might have been it

September 10th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
maybe the noodles too if they had full eggs? they say no egg whites till a year. its hard to say. I hope you figure it out and update us when you can

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

September 11th, 2006, 08:36 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My niece was allergic to strawberries as a young un (it has since gone away) and that is what would always happen to her--rash on her face. I hope you figure out what caused it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search