Fussing during feedings! Arrggh!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Dono92000
This was also a reply to another post. I just don't know what to do when it comes to feeding this little boy now! He's 7 1/2 months old and has 2 teeth. He is really getting mad when I feed him veggies at lunch all of a sudden. Tries to take the spoon away and when I take it back he cries. I've tried letting him hold a spoon and I feed him with another and then he wants that one too. I don't think he wants me to feed him, I think he wants to feed himself, but he can't.

Well, we tried several things tonight. I don't know what to do with this kid! First I tried some real veggies. He wants to chew and feed himself. So since he likes peas and carros, I cooked him up some frozed peas and carrots. I gave a few to him and he popped them in his mouth and gave the most aweful look and about gagged like he'd just tasted dirt or something! ???? I went and put them in the magic bullet, tried to give him some off the spoon and got the same result. Totally GAGGED! So then we tried a stage 3 jar. I bought some of the dinners today, thought maybe he just wants some new flavors. I fed him potato/carrot/beef. I tasted it and it basically tasted like vegetable beef soup without the salt. Was pretty tasty. He STILL fussed and squirmed and tried his hardest to take the spoon from me. He's not able to feed himself yet with a spoon!!! I finally got him to settle down and then he ate the entire jar! Wow, never seen the kid eat that much. So I have no idea what to do. He seems to like his cereal ok, I think it's because of the texture. It's lunchtime veggies we're fighting with. I don't know what to do! I'm tempted to add cereal to his veggie at lunch to see if he tolerates it better, wether it be the texture or just me feeding him that he doesn't like. I'm concerned about him getting too much cereal though. *sigh* We'll see how it goes the next couple days.
September 14th, 2006, 06:25 AM
2boys+alittlelady2luv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Laura,

I guess my question would be can a baby get too much cereal? I think the answer is no. Cereal really doesn't have much for nutirents in it. My darcare provider found that if she mixes cereal with Connors veggies he will eat them better.

Now also Connor had been fighting eating his food the past couple of weeks. I will just feed him what he will eat. If he only has 4 bites then that is what he gets. Yesterday he ate all his cereal and fruit for Bfast, all his fruit and veggie for lunch and most of his fruit and veggie for supper and he also had about 12 ozs of formula which is very unusual for him. He usually won't drink much formula during the day. So what I am trying to say is that I think it is just a stage. I think they are just being fussy eaters right now and that they will come out of it.

Good luck with your feedings!!!

September 14th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the last 2 weeks or so Dylan cries at feeding time. I think its those (*&^(#^$*&^#$%)&^%!!!! Teeth. Some times he gets 2 bites and thats it. I notice that he eats a lot better when my DH feeds him. When I make stupid airplane noises or something like that to distract him it seems like I can almost get the whole jar down him!!! I dunno Im going over here lol. Im hoping this passes soon!
September 14th, 2006, 11:38 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can totally relate on this one. For Troy--teething totally throws him off--gets very fussy, tries to grab the spoon, pushes me away... Also, he has taken forever to get used to any foods that require chewing--he gags, makes horrible faces... I agree that it is a phase and I have just learned to give him whatever he will take--if it's 3 bites, it's 3 bites, if it's 3 jars...you get the picture. Keep trying different things and eventually it will all work out!
The one thing I have found though with the teething--he seems to prefer his foods cold--guess it feels better on the gums????

September 16th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Dono92000
He seems to be doing a bit better now. Maybe he was just having a rough few days. He's still not eating as much as before though. Hmmmm.....I feed him until he starts grabbing at the spoon. Once he takes it from me, lunch is over! Thanks girls!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search