Stage 3 foods

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2006, 06:25 PM
viXen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay I am only offering Dakota Stage 3 veggies (which are limited to only a few). I am not doing dinners because she isn't on meat yet.

Anyway, I tried both carrots and squash, she ate them great! In regards to the carrots, the lumps made no difference at all. But it seemed like she didnt like the taste of them?? There was no gagging and the first few bites she was eating like normal, but then she started with the faces lol. Maybe it was bceause she could see her fruit on the table, since she opened her mouth wide the minute Nate opened the container, but I don't know!

The grocery store I went to (not my regular grocery store), I couldn't find any Stage 3 basic veggies by any other brands...

Can someone point me in the right direction? what brands should I be looking for??

Oh and has everyone gotten the recommendation to start meats at 8 months or has anyone started them sooner? Thanks!

September 16th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im no help with the stage 3's we are still doing stage 2's but as far as the meat goes we tried some yesterday for the first time and he is 7 1/2 months old so we didnt start too much earlier than the 8 months
September 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Tacey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacey
We aren't doing meats 'til 9-10 months. That is what Prestons DR recommends.

September 16th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Dono92000
Donovan just started stage 3s this week since he's really wanting to chew some stuff. I've given him chicken off my plate too. I think meat is fine now since they have it in stage 2 anyway. He's had no problems. He doesn't get it regularly yet though.
September 17th, 2006, 07:04 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think whenever you are comfortable starting you should--especially if she hasn't had any problems with other foods. Just start slowly because the meats are are harder to digest. As far as the stage 3's go--Troy is the same way--he seems to not like them as well (even the single veggies--particularily the squash and carrots)--don't know if it's the taste or the texture though ??? As far as brands, all we have here are Gerber and Beech nut and they are very limited in single ingredient.

September 18th, 2006, 09:58 AM
~Heather~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Heather~
I'm not sure if the taste is any different or not. I have gave Blaise a few things in Stage 3 jars, but it was all dessert. I have been giving Blaise meat for about a month. If it comes in a Stage 2 jar then he gets it. I don't think they would make it if it wasn't ok to give to a baby.

These are the meats Blaise has had:

Chicken noodle dinner
Vegetable beef dinner
Vegetable ham dinner
Chicken and apples
turkey & rice
turkey & sweet potatoes
turkey & green beans
turkey & sweet peas

I think that is all. But he hasn't had a problem with any of the meats.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search