Your baby's eating schedule?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2006, 08:42 AM
~Heather~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Heather~
I am thinking about taking Blaise off the bottle. It's not going to be hard because he only has 2 bottles a day. The one I am worried about is his bedtime bottle. I'm not sure what was be the best way to do it. What do you think?

Here is his schedule:

Morning - 9 oz bottle of cereal w/formula & Stage 2 jar of fruit.
He has a sippy cup with formula, juice or water throughout the day.
Lunch - 2 stage 2 jars of baby food
Then usually sippy cup with formula, juice or water.
Somedays he has a snack like gerber biscuits, vanialla wafers, cheese puffs, etc.
Supper - 2 stage 2 jars of baby food
Bedtime - 9 oz bottle of cereal w/formula & stage 2 jar of fruit

I don't think Blaise cares one way or another if his cereal is in a bottle or not. As long as he gets fed. I have started feediing him his cereal in the mornings in a bowl. No bottle. But I'm not sure how to do the bedtime bottle. I could fed him his cereal before bed, but to me it is much easier to give him his bottle while we are in bed, and then usually he falls asleep while sucking his bottle. I don't put him to bed with a bottle. He just falls asleep while eating. He sleeps with us. If I stop the bottle, then I would have to put him in his highchair, fed him his cereal, then put him to bed.

I'm just wondering what is your child's last night meal before bed. What time do you fed them? Because maybe I could cut out his nighttime bottle. I don't know. Any suggestions?

Here is what happened last night-

I fed him his supper (2 jars of baby food) then we took a bath. And played for a little while. About 8:30 or 9pm he went to sleep. He usually gets his cereal around 10 or 10:30. Well he didn't wake up for it, (he was sleeping in his crib in our room), so before I went to sleep, I got him out of his bed, put him in our bed, changed his diaper, and gave him his cereal bottle. He never woke up, but he took every bit of his bottle. If I wouldn't have gave it to him, then he would wake up in the middle of the night for it.

Sorry this is so long!

October 10th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Tacey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacey
Preston gets

Breakfast:
a bowl of cereal (Gerber Oatmeal) in the morning (3 ox of formula with however much cereal to make it the right consistency) and a sippy of juice (I fill it 5oz, but he drinks like 3oz)

Lunch:
2-3 cubes of veggies (we did peas and are now on green beans) mixed with cereal (Gerber Rice) and the leftover 2oz of juice (from breakfast)

Dinner:
2-3 cubes of veggies (we did peas and are now on green beans) mixed with cereal and (20 minutes later) a 6oz bottle.

Inbetween has 4oz-6oz bottles. I don't know the exact amount as I don't actually count them.

He eats the last time around 8:00pm-8:30pm and falls asleep before 10:00pm. The last thing he eats is a bottle of formula about 20 minutes after his dinner veggies.

Preston has been waking in the night lately, he normally sleeps through the night. I think it is cause he is still sick. I'm ready for the "sleeping through the night" nights to come back.

ETA:*** As for getting him off the bottle, I will be very adement (sp?) when he is around 10 months. As of age 1 I will put all the bottles up (I'm saving them for the next baby they are the Playtex Drop-ins) and chunk the nipples in the trash. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! I AM NOT A FAN OF BOTTLES AT AGE 1 OR UP AT ALL!!!***

October 10th, 2006, 01:31 PM
So do you think after I feed him his baby food for supper, give him a sippy cup of milk? I wonder if that would fill him through the night without waking up. He has been sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old. I don't want to starting getting up in the middle of the night again. I might try that tonight and see if it will work.

October 10th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Tacey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacey
I try to make Preston wait aleast 20 minutes before I give him the last bottle for the night after his veggies. I lay him on a the couch with a pillow and he goes out like a light. Post back here how it goes!!

October 10th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Ok I will try it tonight, and let yall know tomorrow how it goes.

October 11th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Well I didn't try it last night. My DH messed it up. When we got home last night, I got Blaise's pj's, and we took a bath. I told DH when we got out of the bath tub, I would feed him his baby food. So I bathe Blaise, then I holler for DH to come get him out of the tub. He dries him off and starts dressing him, and I look up and DH has given him a bottle of milk so he would lay down while DH got him dressed. I said NO I wanted to take him off the bottle. He said not tonight, lol. So at bedtime he got his cerel bottle. Maybe it will go better tonight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search