Throwing her food on the floor

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2005, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She is such a good baby and usually very quiet. But she is starting to refuse anything we give her but cheese and today, she ate some cheese but then started throwing it on the floor. She doesn't laugh or anything when she does it...so I know she doesn't find it funny to do...

any suggestions on how to get her to eat more? It doesn't matter what we offer her...she just won't eat. She totally prefers the bottle but we are slowly transitioning her to whole milk right now... I don't want her to just start drinking MORE bottles because they aren't satisfying her enough..

any help would be great!

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

May 31st, 2005, 06:44 PM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
My daughter does this too. I think that it's just a fase. Don't worry if she won't eat, it's ok. They really only need 100 calories a day, which isn't much. Rylee is an excellent brakfast and lunch eater, but dinner is a different story. She will eat some of her food and then want goldfish, so I just give it to her. I don't think fighting with a 1 and a half year old is going to work. Sometimes you just have to choose your battels. Good luck sweetie.
June 12th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Lily just got off the baby food, and now we are just on table foods. Every meal is a guessing game as to whether it will all end up on the floor or not. I don't give her any attention when she throws the food on the floor, when she goes eat it I praise her and tell her what a good girl she is. Usually when I talk to her and praise her for eating she forgets about throwing it all on the floor and will eat.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
June 24th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with you, Twinkle. It really helps to ignore the behavior. Because I ignore it, I think it may have broken her of her phase.....(crossing fingers.) She actually hasn't dropped food on the floor for a few days now. She is even eating the dry cereal this week, that she seemed to be sick of last week yeah!

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search