POP?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Do you allow toddler to drink soda pop?
Yes, but Caffeine Free only 0 0%
Yes, Caffeine free or not, it doesn't matter to me!No, but my family members or friends have given my toddler pop. 2 25.00%
No, no one is allowed to feed my child pop!Other (please comment) 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have given my daughter a small taste of caffeine free pop in the past... However, My mom has made a habit of feeding her pop with a straw every time we go out to eat. She now cries for it when we take her with us out to eat (my mom isn't with us). DD has also wanted it when we have a bottle or can.
Tonight, for example...my mom and I and DD went for fast food together. My DD wanted a drink from my pop. I said no, and gave her the sippy cup with juice instead. She was fine with that. But, then my mom came to the table. She reached for the pop and took a drink. My DD reached out to my mom for a drink. I said, "Noooo, you have your juice." My mom preceded to gather up a small amount of pop at the bottom of her straw and gave her some~! ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mommy to Briana - 10, Laura - 9, Kainan - 8, Sara - 6 1/2 , Andrew - 4 1/2 and Nathan - 2

I Love Yoli ! Ask Me Why!!!

June 25th, 2005, 05:52 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NO! There is no reason for me to give my son soda. I barely drink soda so why would I give it to my son. Besides I have heard it be linked to other health problems even if it is caffenine free. If I found out family or friends did it while I wasnt there I would be mad. If you cant follow my rules for my child then you dont deserve to be alone with them.

June 25th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
When I have a coke, sometimes they will want a taste. I think its that bright red can! They get the stuff that is on the lid. I figure they don't even get a teaspoon, or their eyes would bug out. Coke is strong! They don't really like pop though, so it isn't really an issue. They'd much rather have apple juice and once they see their apple juice cup they forget all about the pop. They don't like the carbonation. I'm pretty grateful really.
June 29th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I am pretty strict on this as well. I don't let Lily see me drinking soda out of a can anymore because she would want it. As soon as she starts asking me for soda, I'm not going to buy it anymore! If someone gave her something I didn't approve of I'd get sooo mad!!!!! I get mad at the inlaws all the time because they think its funny to give her tastes of wine and beer. Hello!!! This is a child!!!!! Ahhhh...... inlaws.....

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
June 30th, 2005, 09:53 AM
MinnesotaMommy
My 4 and 7 year old drink pop maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Michael has not had any and will NOT till he is probably over 2 or maybe 3.
June 30th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Regular
NO WAY!! I don't drink soda either.
July 13th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nick has had it twice. I think about 4oz each time. I think it's okay in moderation. My older kids have one soda about every 2 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search