Introducing cereal and stage 1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2005, 07:19 PM
Natalies_Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My little DD has been eating a ton lately. Alot of formula, and it's clear that she's hungry, she's eating 5-6 oz. every 2 1/2 hours. She just started rice cereal on Tuesday, can I increase to two times a day yet? Her ped. said that she should do rice for 2 weeks, then oatmeal for 2 weeks.

Another ? -- once that is done, and she's eating cereal 2X a day, and then I introduce fruits or veggies (one at a time, for 3 days) do I stop with the cereal, or add it in at a feeding in place of a cereal? (equalling a cereal and a fruit or veggie per day, increasing with cereal and veggie/fruit as she gets older)

She seems to be doing well with the rice. So, if I introduced the veggies or fruits, it won't matter, right? Since, she's already doing well with the rice. (has no allergies.) So when we would start on oatmeal, how would we introduce that? In place of the rice, or just do it, after the rice, and drop the rice?

I'm sorry if this is confusing. lol.

Thank you so much, I'm puzzled.

</div>
September 22nd, 2005, 08:34 PM
Natalies_Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search