Need feeding advice on stage 2's.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Natalies_Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello;

I was at wal-mart, and it seemed that their stock was seriously low on Gerber foods. I have a few questions. My daughter, has had her intro. to peas. They then didn't have the reg. peas, so I bought and started her with Tender Harvest Organic peas. I bought those again, but someone told me that Organic is bad, that it's potentially harmful to your baby. I know that this can't possibly be true, otherwise they wouldn't sell it right? Also, can I intermix the organic with the regular?

Then, with the "2" number. What is up with all the varieties? I was SO confused at the store. They didn't have stage one's of the veggies that Nat's already had, so I just got stage '2's, I can intermix the stage 1 fruits and 2 veggies, right?

There are SO many different kinds of foods for the number 2's. I don't know what to introduce, when. Some are dinners, some are exotic fruits and different veggies (like mixed veggies with spinach). Mac and cheese, apples and turkey? When do you introduce meats? Is it the same way as you introduce the 1's?

I'm sorry if I've got alot of questions - and they may be stupid, I'm just So lost here.

Thanks so much!

</div>
October 28th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My understanding of the single food Stage 2 is that they are just thicker than stage 1. I know nothing aobut organic -- sorry.

As for the other questions. I believe our pediatrician said no meat till 8 months. As far as introducing the "mixed" foods. My rule is that they ahve to have had all but one ingredient in it, then I treat it just as I would any other new food. For instance, say your baby has had apples and bananas. Then you could try the Apple Banana Strawberry, it would be a way of introducing strawberries. I believe the "exotics" you just introduce like any other food. You just introduce one at a time.

Good luck

October 28th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Natalies_Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much, that helps alot!

</div>
October 29th, 2005, 08:23 AM
**Mary**'s Avatar mom to Tabby,Kk,Emi & Jay
Send a message via AIM to **Mary** Send a message via Yahoo to **Mary**
my doctor says not to start with stage 2 until 6 months old she hasn't said nothing about meat but I have heard no meat till 6 mos. I don't know.

Mary
mom to: Tabitha 9,Katelyn 7,Emily 5,Jay 2 and Natalie Marie (5.31)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search