What does ovary pain feel like?!

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2008, 09:22 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
Ive had my Mirena for 15 months now, and ive never felt this pain before. Its been so long since Ive had a real period, that ive forgotten what PMS symptoms feel like. Its a pain in my lower right and left sides of my stomach, below my hip bones. could this be ovulation pains? I dont bleed, so I was curious if I could be ovulating and Im feeling it? It hurts to walk alot, and it hurts more when Im getting up and sitting down. I thought that since I dont bleed - I dont ovulate as well? Im so lost - but I dont want to call my dr just yet! thanks all!

~Beth
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (4) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
April 25th, 2008, 11:18 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you get the pain on both sides at the same time? If so its probably not O pain, usually can feel which side is actually Oing that month. Some women can still O on meds. Plus you said right below your hip bones...this also makes me think not O pain-usually O pain is "inside" (towards middle of body) from the hip bones or close to pubic bone.
Now with all that said, if you were to O with Mirena there is a chance for an ectopic pregnancy and that cause some severe pain and can be deadly....so please call you doctor just in case! (nurses orders )
April 25th, 2008, 11:23 PM
aBookasmommy
Im gonna agree with Angela!

Im gonna agree with Angela!
April 26th, 2008, 02:05 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I get O pains every month when I'm not on BCP. I would describe it as being inside kind of in the middle but below my hip bone. It's always on one side though, not both. Usually I get some sharp/cramping pains for a while and it subsides into a dull cramp, but I can pinpoint it exactly. I know what it feels like for sure because I had a stupid cyst explode inside my ovary when I was 16, so I remember where it is quite well!!!!
April 26th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
O pain is pretty much right next to your hip bone (maybe 2 inches in) and it feels like someone is streching something from inside you over and over again for a good 2-6 hours.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
April 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
~*Bethy*~'s Avatar Ian, Morgan and Isabella!
everything you described is exacly what it felt like! how weird, Ive never felt that before, and yes it only lasted a good 5 hours...thats odd...Im tender today, but thats it!

~Beth
Momma to Ian (8), Morgan (7) and Isabella (4) - Expecting baby #4 in Oct. 2014!

HAVE YOU TAKEN YOUR PRENATAL??
We are TEAM BLUE
April 26th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It can vary depending on the exact local of your ovary.

It can be a feeling of bloated and fullness with twinges of sharp pain.

Dull cramps similar to period cramps.

A pain located where your finger tips are if you put your hands on your hips, or even shoulder pain.

Inside your hip bones.

Your leg can even cramp on the upper thigh----this is when I know I have a big cyst bursting....it presses on a nerve.

You may even feel like peeing more often too similar to a kidney stone at times if there is a small cyst involved.

It can hurt where you are talking or that could be a bladder infection too. Try some aleeve or tylenol. If that doesn't do the trick then I'd call the dr because like Angela said, ectopics are a concern of your bc choice.

I get o pains on my right side eventhough I only have 1 (left) ovary it is deferred pain. It could also be round ligament pain----eventhough you aren't pg. I get those frequently still and the pain can last a while afterwards too.

Pulled muscle is another thought.

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search