I have a confession

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2005, 01:53 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have baby fever so bad. All I think about is babies and being pregnant. Being on JM doesnt help any. Well AF is supposed to be here today (since I'm on the pill its like clockwork). All I have had is a small amount of brown spotting (sorry TMI). I'm so hoping that it stays away. I mean the chances of my being pregnant are slim to none because I havent messed up my pill at all. And I know now really isnt the "right" time to have another baby but I wanna....*whine*

Ok Just had to get that out of my system cause if I said it to DH he'd have a small heartattack.

February 2nd, 2005, 01:56 PM
brybaby2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't be so sure about those pills! I didn't miss a single one & I'm 16 weeks pregnant! Yep, DH almost had a heart attack!!! LOL
February 2nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey we got prego with a vasectomy so ........

baby fever hit me several times over the last 6 years.I adopted a puppy each time .I now have 4 chihuahuas...Not the best solution but hey!
February 2nd, 2005, 02:02 PM
I wish I could get a dog, that would help, LOL. Oh and yes I know about the pills. Thats how my son came to be.

February 2nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
jen1978's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jen1978 Send a message via Yahoo to jen1978
LOL!! i feel the exact same way!!!! Even though me and my husband have discussed not having any more and he going to get the big V in a couple of months but everytime my babies get to be 6 months old i start wanting another one but in my mind i know that if i have another one i will go nuts!!! when maddy starts crawling i will probably change my mind!
February 3rd, 2005, 01:28 PM
jen1978's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jen1978 Send a message via Yahoo to jen1978
Hamsters are cute and cuddly too
February 3rd, 2005, 01:29 PM
DH is firm on not getting any animals or have a baby until we get out of the apt. I understand with it and agree. My brain says that waiting for both is the right thing but my heart says do it. KWIM

February 3rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Jen I can totally relate. I really want another one but really I know now is not the right time. Not just because of dh but because of me. Its hard to be patient.

((Hugs))

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
February 3rd, 2005, 03:24 PM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberC
That happened to me a few times when Crista was younger. All my friends were pregnant and I'd see pregos and infants all over and it just made me want to get preg again so bad. But I knew it wasn't the right time for me. I wasn't ready for another yet so I waited. (((HUGS)))

</div>
February 4th, 2005, 02:24 PM
meandmy5girls's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Jennifer,

Well...what happened? Did AF come or not? Did you test???

I always have baby fever!!! I know right now isn't the best time for us either, but I don't care! We use protection, but I sometimes hope it fails (again) so I can have another baby!!!

Samreen - 10
Mariam - 8
Raabia - 6
Aminah - 4
Yasmeen - 2...and...
Emaan, born 8/10/08; 7 lbs., 11 oz., 19.5 in...born in my Sienna!
</span>

February 11th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Mom2KRB's Avatar Veteran
I can totally relate. After I had Brenna, for at least the first year, I thought "no way will I EVER have or want another baby". Well, so much for that. I have baby fever bad right now too. I know dbf would like another one too, but we seriously can NOT afford another child right now. I'm thinking *maybe* when we get Brenna in Pre-K or Kindergarten. Then we might be able to afford it (daycare, etc).

Dd - Brenna Kay 8/13/03
February 23rd, 2005, 12:59 PM
KitKat
Quote:
Originally posted by TylerJ1029@Feb 3 2005, 05:29 PM
DH is firm on not getting any animals or have a baby until we get out of the apt.* I understand with it and agree.* My brain says that waiting for both is the right thing but my heart says do it.* KWIM
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Getting an animal when you are in an apt. is tough. But some animals are
really great in apt's. My DH and I got a rabbit (mini lop) - and she was Wonderful!!! She stayed in her cage all day and we would open the door when we came home from work.
She would run around for a little while, but pretty much liked to stay in her cage. She even potty trained herself!!! They are really smart. Whenever she had to go
to the bathroom, she would run back into her cage and go there. Then come back out when she was done.
The food wasn't too expensive and you only need to clean the cage once a week (you use cedar chips and it's really easy). Most people don't realise that bunnies are great pets. They don't whine or bark. They don't scratch at the furniture. You don't have to take them out for walks (you just have to watch your electrical cords when they run around - they DO like to chew on them). But they are incredibly soft and much more lovey than cats....

Just FYI
February 23rd, 2005, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KitKat+Feb 23 2005, 03:59 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-TylerJ1029
Quote:
@Feb 3 2005, 05:29 PM
DH is firm on not getting any animals or have a baby until we get out of the apt.* I understand with it and agree.* My brain says that waiting for both is the right thing but my heart says do it.* KWIM

Getting an animal when you are in an apt. is tough. But some animals are
really great in apt's. My DH and I got a rabbit (mini lop) - and she was Wonderful!!! She stayed in her cage all day and we would open the door when we came home from work.
She would run around for a little while, but pretty much liked to stay in her cage. She even potty trained herself!!! They are really smart. Whenever she had to go
to the bathroom, she would run back into her cage and go there. Then come back out when she was done.
The food wasn't too expensive and you only need to clean the cage once a week (you use cedar chips and it's really easy). Most people don't realise that bunnies are great pets. They don't whine or bark. They don't scratch at the furniture. You don't have to take them out for walks (you just have to watch your electrical cords when they run around - they DO like to chew on them). But they are incredibly soft and much more lovey than cats....

Just FYI
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

Thanks! I had a bunny when we first started dating. It used to live with me alone. When DH came into the picture I think he was jealous because the bunny would go on his lap and pee. He'd only do it to him so now DH hates bunnies. I wish I could get one though. They do make great pets.

February 23rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
KitKat
I'm laughing hysterically right now. But not at your DH. I'm laughing because I've seen them do that to so many people. YES, they do get very jealous. I also had a friend with a rabbit who's sister HATED the rabbit. The rabbit knew and every night he would go into the sisters room and pee inside a different set of shoes. EVERY NIGHT!!!
March 4th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Veteran
I've never heard of pregnant with a vasectomy
March 4th, 2005, 08:38 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by tonyageiger@Mar 4 2005, 11:33 AM
I've never heard of pregnant with a vasectomy
[/quote]

births after V are 1 in 500. My husbands grew together and pushed off the clamps.
It is actually quite common.
March 9th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Regular
I am so with You I have Baby FEVER all day I think about babies I dream about Babies I would do anything to get DH to let me have one!!!!
March 9th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have baby fever, too. Can't wait to jump back on the TTC bus.

March 9th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so how do we get our DH to let us have what we want ...lol

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search