Nuva-Ring

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2005, 06:20 PM
idachick's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to idachick
I am just trying to do a little reasearch and am coming up empty handed...so I thought I would ask any of you who have ever tried the Nuva-Ring for birth control.
Have you ever had any problems with it that weren't listed in the pamphlet/talked about by your doctor or know anyone who has had problems/a really bad experience?
The reason that I am asking is because at my pelvic exam of 2/04 I went with the Nuva-Ring as my chosen form of bc since I was getting married. Within a day of having the ring put in, I had the WORST (and only up to that point) UTI of my life...AND I couldn't find the ring to take it out. I had to have another pelvic exam and even a sonogram and they couldn't find the ring either...just assumed that it had somehow 'popped' out.
Now here I am a year later, after finally being referred to a urologist by my regular doctor because of recurring/chronic UTI's (which previous to last February have NEVER had) and they just did X-Rays yesterday and lo and behold, what should show up in my bladder, but the Nuva-Ring from last Feb?!!!!
This is concerning because a) the packaging from the drug company says that this is impossible and B) I had mentioned this as a possibility several times to 2 different doctors that I saw and they looked at me like I was crazy and said that it wasn't possible. I am actually living proof that it IS possible!
So...I can't think that I would be the ONLY one out there for this to happen to...so any info that you might have would be great!!!!
March 4th, 2005, 06:23 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say WOW. That is crazy. I'm glad they finally found it. I hope that means no more UTIs for you. I know how painful they can be. ((HUGS))

March 4th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TylerJ1029@Mar 4 2005, 09:23 PM
I just wanted to say WOW.* That is crazy.* I'm glad they finally found it.* I hope that means no more UTIs for you.* I know how painful they can be.* ((HUGS))
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Thanks!!! Yeah, UTI's are definitely no fun at all...I am just relieved to know that I am not crazy! This has definitely proven to me that if you feel strongly that something is wrong, you have to really push regardless of what someone (a dr. etc) says!!!!

March 4th, 2005, 07:05 PM
CocoHunny's Avatar Foxxy Mommie
Send a message via AIM to CocoHunny
Omg that's so crazy,sorry you have to go throught something like that,did you ask them if this would affect your fertility in anyway? and why it took them so look to do a xray,i really hope they can be punish for this.i'm happy that they found it and all and glad it wasn't something worse.

wanting,but waiting (sigh)
March 4th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by CocoHunny@Mar 4 2005, 10:05 PM
Omg that's so crazy,sorry you have to go throught something like that,did you ask them if this would affect your fertility in anyway? and why it took them so look to do a xray,i really hope they can be punish for this.i'm happy that they found it and all and glad it wasn't something worse.
[/quote]

Thanks! I haven't been brave enough to ask regarding my fertility yet...I'm hoping that will all be okay...although I am a little concerned because after the ring couldn't be 'found' ('cause it was hiding in my bladder ) I went on bc pills as my form of bc...so for a while I was actually getting double the amount of hormones too. Hubby & I decided to wait to even THINK about TTC until after the removal surgery on 3/21 & I have been well for at least 3 months w/out any recurrences. I'm really hoping that we won't have problems when we do start ttc 'cause then I think I'd have to be even more grumpy about all this!

March 4th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Bump

March 5th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW, I can't believe they totally clued out that it could have gotten "lost" anywhere inside you. My mom had one of those things that go inside that prevents implantation [forget the name!], the first thing they did was an Xray to make sure it wasn't anywhere else inside to confirm it did fall out on accident, which it didn't. It had some kinda string, that you can feel and check to make sure its still there.

I hope all goes well with the surgery, and it hasn't affected your fertility!
March 23rd, 2005, 11:01 PM
Amazing, that's quite a story. I've never heard of that exactly...but my BF is a surgeon and I wanted to go on the nuvaring last year (have been on pills for a couple yrs, i just hate taking them everyday) he told me he'd really not want me to do that. He said that theres been very bad infections reated to it....and as a general rule of thumb....the least invasive type of BC is the best. Having something inside you for 3 weeks could possibly put you as risk for things that would not otherwise be an issue with the pill or patch.
March 24th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RN823@Mar 24 2005, 02:01 AM
Amazing, that's quite a story.* I've never heard of that exactly...but my BF is a surgeon and I wanted to go on the nuvaring last year (have been on pills for a couple yrs, i just hate taking them everyday) he told me he'd really not want me to do that.* He said that theres been very bad infections reated to it....and as a general rule of thumb....the least invasive type of BC is the best.* Having something inside you for 3 weeks could possibly put you as risk for things that would not otherwise be an issue with the pill or patch.
[/quote]
RN823,
I've heard of the possibility of infections before as well (only after this all has happened of course ) some women have had problems with abrasions to their cervix from the ring. Luckily I tolerate BC pills okay and it seems to work for my husband and I. I just think they the Pharmeceutical companies need to get on the stick and get working on BC pills for men!!!

March 24th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I am forever scared of the "RING"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search