Trying to give birth in certain month?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was speaking to my best friend the other day, who already has a one year old son who's birthday is in September, the same month as her husbands.

Her 'plan' was to be due in July, the month of her birthday, so that both her and her DH has a kid 'each'... or so to speak... She fell pregnant when planned, but had a m/c.

Obviously she was pretty upset about the m/c, but what I don't get is the fact she's now going to wait, so she can be due in July again... That seems to be the thing she's most upset about!

So... my question: Is anyone her planning on TTC at a certain time so baby will have his/her birthday in a certain month? If there's any months you don't want baby to be born in, will you avoid TTC so as to miss those dates?

I wouldn't mind avoiding Dec just coz of Xmas, plus avoiding April as my DBF and I have 12 birthday in that month within both our families... I'd like to give birth in January or February just to keep in with the pattern of all my family being born in the first few months of the year...

But I don't think I'd go as far as to wait to TTC just because I've missed the month I wanted or if I was trying to avoid a certain month...
January 17th, 2010, 03:10 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd like to avoid Christmas in December and I'd like to avoid March and October because I already have 2 in those months. I'd like a summer baby this time which is why we're TTC starting in August so we can be due, depending on when we conceive, somewhere between May and September

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

January 17th, 2010, 03:22 PM
doxiemom24's Avatar Veteran
I'm a teacher - so we're hoping to plan for a late May, so I could use some maternity leave, have extra time home with the baby and get paid while doing it. Although, I have a July birthday and it was always disappointing to be the youngest out of my friends. Everyone got to drive first, turn 18 first, etc.

January 17th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Regular
I would try to avoid December and also October because of my daughters and brothers birthdays. But other then that, no. There's no way I would wait a whole year to TTC so that I can hope for a certain month.

January 17th, 2010, 08:31 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't understand waiting a whole year to try for one month. Even a very fertile person only has about a 25% chance of conceiving in any given month. I have a feeling that your friend's plan is really due to grieving her m/c.

I do get it if people want to avoid a certain month or time of year though. If/when I try for number 2, I will be trying to avoid the winter in general. Having a baby in winter in a cold climate is difficult. I can't take my baby for a walk, or even just go and sit in a park with him and read a book. It would be nice to be able to get out of the house more during my next maternity leave.

January 17th, 2010, 10:14 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I would love a spring baby, but the only month I'd specifically avoid would be December.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

January 17th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kyle - this friend told me her plan to give birth in July before her pregnancy/m/c, but I didn't think about it too much until she told me she would wait until her next chance to give birth in July.

I was thinking if I didn't want to have a baby around Xmas, then I'll only get to TTC once in March, then will have a month break, then try again... Hmmm... I hate the idea of missing out on a chance to fall pregnant though...

Wow, I'm really over thinking this - LOL!
January 18th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for me id take any month as long as i have a healthy baby..I have one in june and my daughter is in november

January 18th, 2010, 04:08 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Forgot to add, another reason we're waiting until then is I want Rylie and the next one to be a little further apart and it just so happens to fall in months we're looking for LoL.

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

January 18th, 2010, 05:19 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I have a Jan Baby, a Dec Baby( 20th rezlly close to Christmas), and an Aug baby. Hated having a newborn in the winter. And Hated being 9 months pregnant in July/Aug, but loved the summer baby, SO I would love to give been in April/May/June. But if I dont get that month Im not going to wait a whole year to try again!

January 18th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I always said that whenever I TTC, I'd want to be due in April. It unexpectedly happened that way while NTNP.
January 18th, 2010, 05:51 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
Since we will require TTCMA to have a baby, we will try to avoid some extent of having a baby in december or september, but based on when we will be trying anyway we will be looking at a late spring baby, I hope. We'd not go too far out of our way to avoid those months.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

January 18th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Ideally I'd like to avoid November (my son's bday) and December (Christmas). That being said...my preferred months to give birth would be January-April as those are the least "full" months between mine and DH's family's bdays. I wouldn't wait an entire year to conceive so I could give birth during a specific month though and I woudn't be upset if I were due in Nov/Dec.
January 18th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
The good thing with needing Medical Assistance is I can pretty much pick the time of year I wanna be pregnant. I do NOT want to be pregnant in the summer time ( i was so miserable) so we are planning an FET this August/September which will make the DD May/June.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
January 19th, 2010, 07:02 AM
AlwaysJ_N's Avatar Everything changes
DH doesn't care when, but I would prefer to start TTC in Jan and hope to be preggo around March so that I would be still able to do things in the spring/summer and give birth in the winter. I'm a Dec baby and there are quite a few others in our family, I don't think I would mind, it's a crazy month anyway, what's one more! But really, whenever it happens, it happens and I'll take that!
January 19th, 2010, 09:27 AM
ANGWife
We would like another spring baby, maybe late winter. I don't want a summer or fall baby right now because I don't want to be pregnant in the heat.
January 19th, 2010, 10:22 AM
*Hayley*
I have one born in Feb, and one in Oct and so I'd like to try and avoid those months for their sakes more than my own. In all honesty I would really only like to give birth in March, April, May, July, August or September from this point forward. I will absolutely avoid getting pregnant for a due date in November or June - but those are the only two months I will completely avoid.
January 21st, 2010, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yup, I am avoiding a fall baby because I have one already, and my birthday is in the fall as well. I'm also avoiding November and December. I'd LOVE a spring baby, but if I get a winter baby instead, that's ok! Anything after December is fine with me!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
January 21st, 2010, 08:53 PM
I'd like to be able to have a child in early to mid june... That is the same as My birthmonth but that isn't the reason at all. As a teacher, the studio slows down from june to august but goes crazy from september to june.
As i'm self employed it would be in our financial best interest to have me not take that much time off and what time I do have to take would be best in a non-busy season and in a season when bills are quite low (the cost of heating the house and studio in the NORTHERN CANADIAN winter can be a real B!+$# even when heating with wood)
That and now that we have our identity back it would be nice to go somewhere first before ttc... which mean sthat we we wouldn't start trying until august or end july some time (I don't count on getting prego on the first try due to my age so better to start early in my case)

Of course all of this is assuming that I won't be posting lots in the "i want a baby but my partner doesn't" board by then....
January 21st, 2010, 09:50 PM
n/a
Any month other then June due to Jack's birthday is fine by me. I don't have much of a choice since ivf will never be an option for us most likely. It would be nice to avoid being huge in the hottest part of the summer though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search