Patch

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2005, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2B*L*T
I went to the doc today and they switched me from the pill to the patch because I am very bad at remembering to take a pill everyday. Anyone else on the patch? Just wondering how it has worked for you.. or if you have had any problems or anything.

<div align='center'></div>Siggy made by dettmer26- thank you!</div>
March 21st, 2005, 09:18 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi,

I was on the patch for 15 months and loved it!! I didn't have any scared or anything!! It's alot better then having to worry about taking a pill everyday!! Now that I'm off because we are TTC, my cycles haven't been back to normal. I stopped using them in Jan. I think it will just take me a few months to get back to normal.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

March 21st, 2005, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, that makes me feel better. I'm kinda nervous when it comes to switching like that, cause I can't really afford another baby right now. I had just heard a few paople say they didn't like the patch so it make me kinda leary. But we will see how it works!!!

March 21st, 2005, 09:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A friend of mine, used the patch and had alot of problems with it falling off.
March 30th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Grantsmom's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Grantsmom
I used the Ortho Patch for 6 months. Overall I liked it. Having to deal with your b/c ones a week is great but some drawl backs for me where:
1. The corners always started to come up.....and supposely this can lesson its effictiveness.

2. I usually placed it on my lower tummy, or lower back side/bottom to concel but it always left lots of sticky gunk from adhesive and I would have an outline of this gunk that would turn black when I removed the patch. It would take a couple days to get it it all off.

3. My main reason for switching back to the pill.....I was getting naseuos. I get naseuos on both but at least with the pill I have better control by taking my pill with my meal.

Good luck...let us know how it worked for you or any tips. I wouldn't mind going back.
<span style="font-family:Optima">>>>Gina Mom to Grant (5/16/03) & preparing to TTC #2!!</span>

<span style="font-family:Geneva">Come visit the Baby Signing Forum!!</span>
March 30th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Grantsmom's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Grantsmom
Oops...I just noticed your bottom ticker! Your 4 weeks pregnant so I guese your not using the patch currently!! Congratulations!!!
<span style="font-family:Optima">>>>Gina Mom to Grant (5/16/03) & preparing to TTC #2!!</span>

<span style="font-family:Geneva">Come visit the Baby Signing Forum!!</span>
April 4th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! Yep, didn't even get to try it. Was waiting for AF, then was going to start the patch after... but it never came! But I got a wonderful suprise instead!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search