Questions/Opinions

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2005, 04:02 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Hi.

I have a few questions. I feel a little embarassed asking about this, but I need someone elses opinion on it. Sooooo, here goes.

First of all, I am on Ortho tri-cyclen. Early on in my relationship with my now husband, we had a very heated relationship. I have been on the pill for going on 5 years now. It is getting to where I don't want it as much anymore and he complains. When I do go off it for a month or so our relationship changes for the better, but we can't do anything because we can't have a child right now. We are trying to wait for a couple more years.

Is this something that others that are on the pill go through after awhile. Please let me know. Thanks.

Christina

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

March 31st, 2005, 04:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Let me see if I understand. . . Are you saying that you sex drive is affected by the birth control pill? You are more interested in sex when you are not taking the pill . . .?

If that is the case, I can't say that I have a lot of advice. I was on the pill for ten years. I never noticed that my interenst in sex was ever changed. You may want to talk with your doctor about putting you on a differernt pill. There are so many out there!! HTH.

Also, If you're not ready for a baby just yet, you might want to be careful going on and off the pill. That might be a good way to get pregnant

March 31st, 2005, 04:46 PM
idachick's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to idachick
SavanAngel:

I think I know what you mean!!! I uh used to be MUCH more interested pre-pill (Yasmin) than I am now and I haven't been on the pill for that long (only about a year). This has been something that I have been meaning to talk to my ob-gyn about as well. I would agree that you should probably talk to your ob-gyn because I have been on another brand of bc before (aaah....but I can't seem to be able to remember its name right now) and don't remember it killing my 'drive' quite like now. I was reading some information online and it said that there are over 40 pill formulations available now...so you should be able to find one that doesn't kill your 'urges' as much
Good luck!!!

March 31st, 2005, 08:20 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Thanks, I appreciate all your help.

I will ask my ob/gyn when I go in for my yearly check up in the next month or so.

As for the going off the pill, we only did that when we couldn't afford the cost of the pills.

Thanks again.

Christina

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

March 31st, 2005, 08:40 PM
Super Mommy
When I was on the pill, I also experienced a decrease in my sex drive! I would definitely talk to your OBGYN and see if he can put you on something else. Good Luck!
April 1st, 2005, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I take the generic OTC, I havn't noticed any difference at all. ut i've only been on it for going on 4 months.

As other said, talk to your DR, they may be able to find something else that will not effect your sex drive as much.

I know OTC, hasn't worked for anyody in my family, but I reallly like it. I havn't gained but a couple pounds, but thats my fault for not eating right [way to much junk].

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search