School

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 09:34 PM
(not so patiently) WTTC
Who's going to school? What are you going for? Planning on going back? What do you want to be?
March 28th, 2011, 10:12 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me! I'm going for my RN. I want to go into Labor and Delivery and also become a lactation consultant. I'm done with all my gen eds as of this semester, providing i pass microbiology with a 70 or better. right now it's kicking my butt and i'm just barely hanging on by the skin of my teeth. On April 12th I have my appointment with my advisor to register for Fall classes which will all be my core nursing classes. so excited

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
March 28th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Veteran
i want to go back to be a midwife but atm im wanting to get having children out of the way so i can concentrate on the studies. so it will be a few years i think

March 29th, 2011, 04:16 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I want to go to school for business, but I'm waffling on whether or not I'll actually do it soon.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 29th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Super Mommy
I signed up for photography, more web desgin and graphic design classes. More to add to my skills since I am basically self taught. I have had my business for 5 years with no real training so I figured it is about time I do that. LOL
March 29th, 2011, 05:38 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by moomoo2010 View Post
i want to go back to be a midwife but atm im wanting to get having children out of the way so i can concentrate on the studies. so it will be a few years i think
me too.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

March 29th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Super Mommy
I'm currently going to school to become a certified HCA here in Canada, and I'll be finished with clinicals the end of June.

I also applied in January to get into Nursing program which is 3 years long and would give me my bachelors in Nursing. I'd love to be a nurse in the NICU or Labor and Delivery. If accepted (and provided we don't move) I'll start the program in August 2013.

I was talking to my sister (she works at a nursing home in physio therapy, but started as a nursing assistant many many years ago) the other evening about the pay difference btw. health care workers here in Canada and those in the US. I was shocked to hear her say that the pay of an LPN is what I'll start out making here as a Health Care Aide. That was shocking.
March 29th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I plan on being a SAHM once we have kids, and then once they're all in school, I will go back to school myself. I have no idea what for though! I'm kind of leaning towards doing early education teaching, so I can still have the summer and holidays off with my kids, but that could definitely change by then.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

March 29th, 2011, 08:13 AM
(not so patiently) WTTC
I'm currently in a Master's/Credential Program for K-6th. I have a BA in Liberal Studies with an emphasis in Elementary Education. I'll be finished with my program in January 2012.

It's a lot of work, but it's my passion! Now I'll just be crossing my fingers that there will be a job for me when I'm done

I've thought about going back for a PhD, but I'm intimidated by the dissertation...
March 29th, 2011, 09:32 AM
booboobunny's Avatar mzdee
I start school next week. I'm working on a second bachelors to become a Registered Dietitian. Wish me luck, i'm going to need it lol. I won't be on that much.

Me - Daynuh

March 29th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by booboobunny View Post
I start school next week. I'm working on a second bachelors to become a Registered Dietitian. Wish me luck, i'm going to need it lol. I won't be on that much.
Ya, so you can tell us all how to eat better!
March 29th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Veteran
I'm going for pharmacy technician. I'm still conflicted on eventually going back to finish what I origianlly started going for, which was to be a Nuclear Medicine Technician. But atm I'm so burnt out on school because I didn't take any time off after high school...graduated and a few months later it was straight back. So I've burnt myself out on it big time....so I think I'm gonna work as a Pharm. Tech. for a while and decide from there...im so conflicted on the issue though.
March 29th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need to get my gen ed classes done. I want to apply for an ultrasound program. Its a 2 yr program and they only accept 16 students in at a time and they don't keep a waiting list. I'm hoping to get into the 2014 class. I have to get at least a B- in the gen ed classes to even be interviewed for the program.... but that should be easy enough if I only take 1-2 classes at a time.

Its a little scary since I haven't taken a class since high school almost 10 years ago!

March 29th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Effyx's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyNR View Post
I'm currently in a Master's/Credential Program for K-6th. I have a BA in Liberal Studies with an emphasis in Elementary Education. I'll be finished with my program in January 2012.

It's a lot of work, but it's my passion! Now I'll just be crossing my fingers that there will be a job for me when I'm done

I've thought about going back for a PhD, but I'm intimidated by the dissertation...
I finished my Master's in secondary teaching last year. I was so happy to be done, but I'm already thinking about going back for a second Master's or maybe even a PhD. I think the main thing holding me back from a PhD is that we'd almost certainly have to move quite far so I could attend a university with a well-respected program.
March 29th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Two for More's Avatar Veteran
I just finished my Master's in Healthcare Administration this past December. It took two and a half years, and was pretty rough for the first two years when I was taking classes full time and working full time, but I'm so glad that I finished it. The only problem is I still don't know what I want to 'do' with my degree. I chose the healthcare field because it's fairly recession proof so there should always be jobs, and I know with DH's job requiring us to move every so often, I needed to be in a field where jobs were available all over the country.

I really admire (ENVY lol) people who know what they want to do with their lives and how to get there. I don't know that I'll ever have a passion for a typical 9-5 job, and most days I'm okay with that -- finding a career that you can enjoy is often a crap shoot, and I know I'm not the only person out there who is an adult but is still unsure about what they want to do when they grow up lol.

I'm planning to be a SAHM after we have our first, and we've discussed my not returning to work full-time until our kids are all in elementary school. So I have a little bit more time to figure out my life.

If I were to confess a deep dark secret, it would be that I have a passion for natural childbirth and always have. I don't know if I'd like to be a midwife, but being a doula, lactation consultant, or just general childbirth educator might be interesting. I mentioned that idea to DH once upon a time, and he didn't laugh at me about it (he's very understanding about my birth obsession), so I know it's something that I could do one day with his support. I just feel like there are so many things I've said I wanted to do, and then lost interest in after a while (or just wasn't very good at). It's hard for me to jump into doing something if I don't think I'll succeed, and I think that's why I've always had major issues with 'finding my passion' when it comes to working -- especially if working means a 9-5 in corporate America.

In the meantime, I'll just continue to be one of those people who works to live and to pay for all the things that I do enjoy, but doesn't live to work. ;-)

Happily married, and waiting to try

March 29th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am currently in beauty school I was laid off the day I got back from maternity leave and I decided to go to school for something I will love!!!!! Which I totally do

March 30th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I am a full time student working on a BA in History with a minor in English. I'm taking a Sociology class, Astronomy class, and intro Spanish class right now. I'm in my second year and at the rate I'm going I will graduate in 3 years. I plan on using my degree and getting certification for secondary education so I can teach High School. And if that doesn't work out I think I might want to work in a museum or something fun like that.

But I think I just realized that I want to become a doula and/or after this degree and some time working I want to go back to school and work on a nursing degree so that I can (hopefully) work labor and delivery.

Scarlett Diane

March 30th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am going for my RN... I am currently in clinicals and my tenative grad date is April 2012... I am going into L&D, get my LC, looking into childbirth edcucation, but am really contemplating going on for my CNM....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search