Talk of TTC/NTNP...here's an idea.

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Sub Forum for Baby Fever/Oops/Casual TTC Talk?
Yes 2 12.50%
No 14 87.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 07:14 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
It has come to my attention that there are members of the WTTC board who are having a hard time reading about others current ttcing/ntnp in this board.

Would you like a forum like the private one, but not private, to discuss casual TTCing, Oopsies, and other things "maybe" baby related?

Let me know and if we have a good amount of "goers", I'll put in a request.

Poll open for 7 days.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

Last edited by blessdmommy; March 29th, 2011 at 07:16 PM.
March 29th, 2011, 07:17 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Whatever other people want I'll go with. Just so we know if there are those out there who dont want those things talked about in the general board, so we know where to go to talk about them.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
March 29th, 2011, 07:38 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
As a cohost I understand why people would like this iead. But personally I hate subforums bc I often forget they are there and then you have a ton of posts that not a lot of people read.
DS3- Born 11/4/14
March 29th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Ashley~* View Post
As a cohost I understand why people would like this iead. But personally I hate subforums bc I often forget they are there and then you have a ton of posts that not a lot of people read.
I understand that, I just that it'd be a good idea, so that way things are separate. If you wanted to read about it, you could..

March 29th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
personally not a big fan of subforums. I don't mind reading casual talk about possibly trying to concieve but it can be hard to hear about those activily trying to concieve or pregnancy talk. Doesn't matter to much to me. But I am really new to the group so whatever people want is good with me.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
March 29th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Super Mommy
I am a sub forum skipper to for the most part. I have tried posting in the WTTC weight loss forum and don't see much results.

I will most likey stay to the main board. Once I do get the BFP, all my posts will start "When I was WTTC....."

I think it is just because of how our board is right now. We have really gotten closer over the last month or so and I think that will play a part in if people will do the subforum thing.

So my vote is no for right now. Besides, Baby fever is what we all have because we are waiting. We all secretly hope for an oppsies, and there already is a WTTC grads forum for those who move on to TTC right?
March 29th, 2011, 10:56 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think maybe people should start using the Grads forum? I guess that's technically where I belong, but it's so dead! I know my 'status' is TTC right now, I just don't talk about the nitty gritty of it here. I hope it hasn't bothered anyone!
March 30th, 2011, 12:02 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
We could always just have labels in parenthesis, like if I have a post titled "YAY! (TTC mentioned)" maybe people who don't want to read it don't have to because they know it could upset them just from the title. Just a suggestion.

I'm personally not a subforum type of person. I usually just skip them.

Always missing my 4 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14
March 30th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not much of a subforum person either. I try to remember to check them, but I usually forget.

I think there is a way to keep these topics on the main board while still being respectful to those who are uncomfortable reading them. Maybe make the title of the post clear so that people who don't want to read them can skip them, try to keep the details out, limit your posts about these topics (ex: don't tell us every time your Oing etc.) and basically try to keep it all on the down low, while still being able to share. Just my

Since I don't post that often (though I am trying to come on more, but DD keeps me busy during the day, so I have to play catch up at night) I will follow what the majority wants.

March 30th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet.hun View Post
We could always just have labels in parenthesis, like if I have a post titled "YAY! (TTC mentioned)" maybe people who don't want to read it don't have to because they know it could upset them just from the title. Just a suggestion.

I'm personally not a subforum type of person. I usually just skip them.
That's a great idea!

March 30th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
My vote is for keeping it in the main forum but using the TTC title, as mentioned above. It doesn't bother me to read about it, and I would read all TTC threads as well, but I can understand others who might be bothered by it. But I'm afraid a separate subforum wouldn't get many views. But I'm really fine with whatever.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

March 30th, 2011, 08:32 AM
morris126's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie.S View Post
My vote is for keeping it in the main forum but using the TTC title, as mentioned above. It doesn't bother me to read about it, and I would read all TTC threads as well, but I can understand others who might be bothered by it. But I'm afraid a separate subforum wouldn't get many views. But I'm really fine with whatever.
I agree!! But I guess my question is this: Are there rules about posts regarding TTC, oopsies, and 2WW?
What is appropriate to post about these things and what is not appropriate?

I love hearing about all of these things from everyone. I feel like everyone is here to wait, but also to eventually TTC, and to be supportive of each other. I do not understand why anyone would be upset about it, I mean this is a forum for mothers and mothers to be? But, I definitely would not want to offend anyone. Just thought I would ask for clarification. But, I am relatively new so what do I know? Lol

March 30th, 2011, 08:38 AM
M-n-MsMama0510's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris126 View Post
I do not understand why anyone would be upset about it, I mean this is a forum for mothers and mothers to be?

I totally agree, but life happens and oops do happen and maybe that girl made her oops happen, I vote no for a subform, I want to hear about everything happening with everyone. If we didnt talk about those things what would be talk about ?!? I also never see a ton of ttc post. If they are actively trying I think they need to move to that board. Then their DDC ect.

March 30th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Just popping in I used to host here, and this issue does come up from time to time.

It can be really difficult for those strictly WTTC to see a lot of post about being in the 2ww and having oopses. I think if people make sure they put in brackets that their post is about such things, it can help those wanting to avoid those topics to do so.

It's nothing against anyone here...I know that when we were strictly waiting (and had a long wait at that), it was hard to see a few different people posting month after month that they were in the 2ww. From time to time people get caught up between either WTTC or NTNP. I know for us especially that the last couple of months before I got pregnant (which was a surprise), we had seemingly moved into the NTNP category (just got careless), but I still posted here..

Anyways, I seem to be rambling. I think that people just need to be mindful that it's hard enough to be WTTC, and sometimes the WTTC board is seen as a refuge from all the BFP, 2WW, and oopsie posts.

Either way, we should all be supportive of one another! If you do have an oopsie or are in the TWW, the Am I pregnant board is a great place to hang out. I know I posted there a lot when I suspected I could be pregnant.

*hugs* to you all!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

March 30th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlea View Post
Since I don't post that often (though I am trying to come on more, but DD keeps me busy during the day, so I have to play catch up at night) I will follow what the majority wants.

I wish you would, Your DD is just too cute to not be seen as much as possible. LOL I love that pic!

Urchin - So glad you stopped in. I hope all is well with you.

I think that I am more in the TTC stage personally because I am actively trying for that. I have to wait for the TR to happen but techincally I am on the road to having another. However, I have choosen to be here and it works. So I think Sweet.hun has the right idea. At least until some people share with the hosts that it is upseting them because new people will come to the board all the time and may feel differently then we all do now.

Last edited by second_chance_mum; March 30th, 2011 at 09:32 AM.
March 30th, 2011, 10:07 AM
(not so patiently) WTTC
I agree that easiest solution seems to be (parenthesis) or [brackets] in the title so people know what they are "getting into" before reading to topic.

I kind of like the occasional oops 2ww...I live vicariously through them lol.
March 30th, 2011, 12:07 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I am one of the people that complained. It makes it really hard for those of us who are actually WTTC. I don't think it is realistic to seperate all the stuff, but it is VERY VERY difficult with all the people who are talking about the 2WW and not realy waiting and oopsies. I don't mind people talking about wanting or when or babies, but I think people should realize what they are posting and that some of us are ACTUALLY WAITING and suffering through the wait and this isn't a game.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I'm someone who's waiting as well as going through a miscarriage, and it doesn't bother me to read about oopsies and tww, etc. This is such a supportive community, and I know that once I start TTC when DH gets home, I would love to share with the WTTC board and hope that people are excited for me. I think they are great milestones that we shouldn't be ashamed to be sharing. And like I said earlier Brackets or Parenthesis will help those who just can't bear to read about that stuff right now.

Always missing my 4 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14
March 30th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Super Mommy
It really doesn't matter to me if there is a subforum or not. Nothing bothers me, but I can see how it would bother others.

Those who are TTC, or continuously having oopsies, or in the TWW should post those topics on the Grads page, or the TTC or NTNP forums- that's what they are there for! The Grads page would probably be a lot more active if all of the people that are TTC or NTNP here posted there! I'm not saying don't post here, because we still love everyone, but post topics that might bother others elsewhere.

I stalk everyone everywhere (and I'm guessing I'm not the only one who does) and will comment in whatever forum you are posting in.
March 30th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Super Mommy
Being someone that IS wttc, and did just have a cycle where I thought an oopsie was possible, I apologize if sharing that was hard for anyone to read. I certainly don't think it's appropriate to imply that someone maybe made their oops happen.

I personally don't think that there is anything wrong with people sharing such things, I mean if it happens cycle after cycle after cycle then clearly they really aren't wttc, but for me personally I'm not about to go over to the Am I pregnant forum where I know no one, have never posted, and possibly wouldn't get the support I was looking for. I shared it here because this is the forum that I'm on, and feel comfortable talking with the girls here who have been around for a while.

Personally I voted no to the sub-forum idea.

Doesn't matter what forum you are on, someone is always gonna say something somewhere that others don't agree with. While WTTC is meant for us that are waiting, I don't think it's out of line to see posts on here in regards to ttc, the 2ww, or an oops.

When the time comes that we actually do start ttc, I'll be sure to make the switch to another forum, but until then I hope that we can all be supportive of one another.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search