Wishful Wednesdays

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Super Mommy
I am too freaking self-spoiled to write anything I want. I started to write in comparison to what some of you want, and man - it sounds all uppity and swallow.

I have lived poor, I mean beyond poor. We are talking, geared to income housing, no cable, no cell, using food banks, pre-paid home phone because I couldn't even get a phone line on credit. No computer, no car and not even enough for a bus pass. I walked everywhere. I was a homeless before too. Then I had kids and everything changed.

I opened my own business to be able to stay home with them and made, well make way more then I need. So I buy whatever I want, when I want now. I pay cash for everything. If I don't have the cash, I don't buy it. Sometimes I think I really should stop, but since I spent so much of my life always wanting, I don't think I can go back to it.

I am really bad though and know it. I brought a trailer once. Used it twice and gave it away to a family friend free because I got bored with it and wanted a cottage instead. If I were to wish for anything, I wish for the strength to stop doing things like that. I threw 4k away basically and while the family friend gets great use out of it, and I am sooooo happy for her and that I was able to do that for her, it is still pretty stupid and a real waste of money.

So I wish that I would stop wasting money on useless material things. That sounds so pathetic....
March 30th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A new fully furnished home with a nice car in the garage.

You told me to wish!
March 30th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Super Mommy
A bigger house.

If dh does get this job he's trying for, and we have to relocate the big plus is that it would be to a smaller area and housing would be cheaper than the city we are in which would mean we could get more bang for our buck. I'd be pretty happy about that!!!
March 30th, 2011, 11:27 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would really love to have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland *hint hint DH!*

I also want a new wedding band. Mine is a 1/2 carat eternity band and I want a full carat
March 31st, 2011, 12:45 AM
Two for More's Avatar Veteran
Whoa, Ashley! Four cars between the two of you? Your DH might be obsessed lol ;-)

Hmmm... I think the only material thing I have my eye on is a DSLR camera. I love my point and shoot (Canon Powershot), and I've finally started figuring out all the manual features so I can take better pictures. I'm hoping to get something nicer in the next year or so -- preferably before a new baby arrives if we conceive this year. I'm really starting to become more interested in photography -- it must be all the amazing pics I see on the blogs I follow -- but I'll probably always just be a VERY amateur hobbyist who takes pictures of our personal family only.

Happily married, and waiting to try

Last edited by Two for More; March 31st, 2011 at 12:50 AM.
March 31st, 2011, 01:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyNR View Post
Leala, we have 4! You can borrow one of ours, lol.

DH just does NOT understand that 2 people do not need 4 vehicles And of course all their registrations are due at the same time. It totals about $800!!

Seriously!! I wouldn't know what to do with 4 cars!

March 31st, 2011, 05:13 AM
Super Mommy
For those wanting a camera, I got the Nikon D3100. AWESOME camera. Totally love it. I got a 105 lense with it but will upgrade my lense soon and buy a better flash once I get into my photography class.

Try to get used if you can. I brought new but you can save yourself alot if you go used.
March 31st, 2011, 06:12 AM
54321Guest12345
Well since we are wishing , I would like a fully furnished house. And I mean, walls painted, matching furniture...everything!

I love wishing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search