I got my lab results

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 02:05 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
So I got a call from my OB, my labs came back already. My TSH, T3, & T4 came back normal. But my Thyroid antibodies came back way out of normal range. Norm is under 30. Mine were 55 Said it could be worse she has seen them in the 100's.
So its official I have Hoshimodo's syndrome, in other words hypothyroidism. So I now go on Leveoxyl everyday. We will recheck my labs in 3 months and adjust the medication if needed.
Good news is I do not have to put off TTC She said since we are treating it I can proceed as planned
So its no more Nuva Rings for me. DH hasnt said anything since I brought it up last week. My thoughts are he knows there are no more, so if he doesnt say otherwise its TTC

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
March 30th, 2011, 02:38 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
WOOHOO!!! Congrats on finding out what was wrong, getting on a treatment plan, and TTC!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
March 30th, 2011, 04:30 PM
M-n-MsMama0510's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY !!!! Im soooo excited for you!! Omg im going to stalk you all the way to giving birth haha. I wont be a scary stalker. I promise

March 30th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Oh well that's good it's not too bad. And YAY for moving on to TTC!!!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

March 30th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Super Mommy
That is great new. I am very happy for you that you are moving on up to TTC. I'm gonna stalk ya too!

I have graves which is overactive, so I had to kill my thyroid and become under-active so I can take the proper meds everyday. For the most part it is easy to manage. The symptom that gets me the most is the sensitivity to cold. My house is always set so hot that most complain, and I can't use AC because I get too cold. I have actually gotten pneumonia from AC. LOL. Well the weight gain sucks too but again can be manageable.

Are you going to join the board here for thyroid moms? I have thought about it but not really done anything about it.
March 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by second_chance_mum View Post
That is great new. I am very happy for you that you are moving on up to TTC. I'm gonna stalk ya too!

I have graves which is overactive, so I had to kill my thyroid and become under-active so I can take the proper meds everyday. For the most part it is easy to manage. The symptom that gets me the most is the sensitivity to cold. My house is always set so hot that most complain, and I can't use AC because I get too cold. I have actually gotten pneumonia from AC. LOL. Well the weight gain sucks too but again can be manageable.

Are you going to join the board here for thyroid moms? I have thought about it but not really done anything about it.
I'd be happy to have stalkers but dont get too excited guys. I'm still scared DH is going to bring up the conversation again and tell me he wants to wait longer. So I dont want to get to excited for fear on it being crushed.

The sensitivity to cold has been a problem of mine for years. Always made me wonder if my thyroid was messed up but never had labs show abnormal till now. I'm hoping I will stop being cold when its almost 80 out or in. I sit in a jacket all the time in my house.
My dad had the same problem, his was overactive and they killed too much so he's been on meds for as long as I can remember. At this point I will just be happy to stop losing my hair in handfuls. My mom was telling me today it could take 60 days or so for it take to start showing improvement in my symptoms.
There is a board for thyroid mom? I'll have to go look at it.

My Ovulation Chart
March 30th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on get the go ahead to TTC.

Good Luck!
March 30th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Veteran
i have graves also and on meds everyday i hope it wont stop me from getting preg. im glad u can hopefully start TTC now!

March 30th, 2011, 08:46 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad that you have treatment already set up and there are no delays in TTC. Crossing my fingers for you!

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
March 30th, 2011, 09:08 PM
(not so patiently) WTTC
So when will the "big talk" be?
March 30th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyNR View Post
So when will the "big talk" be?
At this point I'm leaving that up to DH. I feel that since I've told him that the last Nuva Ring comes out Friday its kinda up to him to bring it up.
Well mostly I think that. I think I'm just scared to bring it up that he'll say he wants to wait longer. I know I'm taking the chickens way out. But he knows the situation so cant claim he didnt.
Do I sound nuts?

My Ovulation Chart
March 31st, 2011, 05:21 AM
Super Mommy
For DD, I said "I want another baby so I am stopping BC. If you don't, make sure you put on a condom." I didn't bring it up again. It was almost like a comment made in passing when we were in the kitchen and I was getting ready to leave for school.

The next time we DTD, I reminded him and he said he had no condoms, so I said "Okay, take your chance, or try to pull out but I am not joking." 3 weeks later I told him I was pregnant.

That was my big talk. LOL
March 31st, 2011, 06:10 AM
54321Guest12345
Congratulations girl! That sounds great! And I have my fingers crossed that your hubby won't back out on you! Second chance's "big talk idea" sounds like a go to me! lol
March 31st, 2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by second_chance_mum View Post
For DD, I said "I want another baby so I am stopping BC. If you don't, make sure you put on a condom." I didn't bring it up again. It was almost like a comment made in passing when we were in the kitchen and I was getting ready to leave for school.

The next time we DTD, I reminded him and he said he had no condoms, so I said "Okay, take your chance, or try to pull out but I am not joking." 3 weeks later I told him I was pregnant.

That was my big talk. LOL
Yeah I dont sound nuts after all.
Your opinions, truthfully. Is it reasonable what I'm thinking. I told him last week that tomorrow last Nuva Ring comes out. I dont think I should have to remind him or bring it up again.

My Ovulation Chart
March 31st, 2011, 11:04 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Yay for TTC!!

Glad you found out what was going on and able to get treatment.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

March 31st, 2011, 11:15 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by taatie10 View Post
Yeah I dont sound nuts after all.
Your opinions, truthfully. Is it reasonable what I'm thinking. I told him last week that tomorrow last Nuva Ring comes out. I dont think I should have to remind him or bring it up again.
You know my opinion. I told him once. I reminded him before he put it in. I did my job in my opinion.

The way I see it, BC is just as much his responiblity as yours. As long as you are honest with him, and let him use condoms if that is what he choose, then it is fair game.

My ex has never said to me that I tricked him or didn't give him the option or enough warning, etc. It has always been the opposite.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search