April Fools!

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM
Spero's Avatar Nice to meet you, I'm Kat
Any funny April Fools Day stories?

I once fooled DH into thinking I had adopted 4 puppies. He was pretty relieved when he found out I was joking. The next year he fooled me into thinking we were going to move to Africa...it was like a week long prank and very well thought out. If I hadn't been so impressed by his ability to pull it off I would have been flaming mad!

My favorite April Fools story is...My dad is a huge jokester, especially on April Fools Day. Well way back when, after subjecting my mother to a day of what probably consisted of joke after joke after joke, he proposed to her, seriously...and she thought it was an April Fools joke. It took him a while to convince her he was serious, hehe. I still get a laugh out of that story!

April 1st, 2011, 07:33 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not a big fan of April Fools because I am very gullible.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
April 1st, 2011, 08:30 AM
(not so patiently) WTTC
DH plays tricks on me all year long, so April Fools is nothing special.

But, I do like hearing about them.
April 1st, 2011, 10:00 AM
Capns Girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby turns 2 today!! I found it very fun watching DH try to convince everyone that we really did have a baby that day. They didn't believe him at all!

April 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
Spero's Avatar Nice to meet you, I'm Kat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capns Girl View Post
My baby turns 2 today!! I found it very fun watching DH try to convince everyone that we really did have a baby that day. They didn't believe him at all!
Hehe, I bet that was entertaining! I've always thought it would be fun to break REAL news on April Fools!

April 1st, 2011, 10:37 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I generally don't like April Fool's much, for ones that are really dragged out. Also probably because I'm really gullible and will believe anyone. So luckily I haven't had any major pranks pulled on me. And I also am bad at keeping a poker face, so if I do a little one, like I did this morning to DH, I burst out laughing right away.

Jessi - happy birthday to Madilyn!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

April 1st, 2011, 01:29 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
My dad and I used to play elaborate jokes on my teachers and friends in school when I was in High School. Yeah that was the best.
My dad is such a good sport on April Fools day, he was married today 26 years ago and divorced 18 years ago today. I even called him today and told him that I got a letter from the state of Nevada saying that his divorce was invalid since he forgot to sign or initial one of the papers. He thought it was a good laugh. It was fun too because I did a double and told hime that his flight to Italy got cancelled because they overbooked (he's coming to see us in 9 days for 6 weeks so exciting). He sounded like he was about to cry, poor guy, my husband started laughing in behind me and ruined most of the joke though.
I don't recall anyone playing one on me. Though my husband tried to tell me that he'd be deploying next week, haha, funny when right now and where we are there is no way he's leaving this base until the Libya thing is over, too much going on here.

Scarlett Diane

April 1st, 2011, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My sister and I get my parents every year. Last year we told my dad that my sister's car was vandalized while she was at work (he owns the car). I called him pretending to be the insurance adjuster, gave him a hard time, mispronounced his name, etc. He immediately called my sister freaking out.

When I was living in an apartment I was allowed to have two pets and I exceeded that limit. My parents were always paranoid I would get caught. So of course we told them that I had been caught, but because of the bad weather the notices they had posted on my door blew away and I had accrued $3000 in fines. They were in a panic!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search