Anniversary Gifts

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Our 1st wedding anniversary is coming up in a few months, so I've started to think of some gift ideas. I'm wanting to go with the traditional wedding gift themes, so the 1st year is paper. My only idea so far is our wedding photographer got this awesome picture of the gorgeous landscape at our venue, so I was thinking of having that blown up and framed. Or I also thought of maybe looking into getting it done on canvas.

So I guess my question is, did you go with the traditional wedding themes, and if so, what did you get your hubby for your 1st anniversary?

And also, if you've ever gotten a picture printed on canvas, where did you get that done at? Did you like the quality?

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

April 12th, 2011, 09:26 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
We've only done the traditional themes when it is convenient For our first anniversary, I spent a ton of time and made my husband a homemade boardgame map (paper!) for one of his favorite games and it is super special to him. For our fifth anniversary (which will be next year), we are having a custom Crokinoleboard made (wood!) and I'm super pumped about that. I just love the idea that it will be something we've had handmade for us with woods and stains and designs that we pick out and it can become an family heirloom with a story.

I think the best thing about anniversary gifts is either doing something that would be super special for you guys down to the road, or doing something that would be very special to you as a couple. Anniversary and Valentines, for me, are the best time for me to get gifts for him that prove that I listen and care and know the little things about him.

I love the idea of the wedding photo, but it seems like something that would be more special to the woman in the relationship than the man. If you think that it would be special for him, I think it is a fabulous idea. I think getting it as a print and nicely framed would look a lot nicer than on a canvas. I also love that it would be something that you guys can be proud of and show off to people when they visit or tell the grandkids about in 30 years when it is still hanging on your wall

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 12th, 2011, 09:31 AM
(not so patiently) WTTC
I agree w/ Christen about the pic being more of a womanly thing, but that's only based on what i think my DH would think, lol.

For our first anniversary we were really broke and didn't do anything. The second year is cotton and we both got really nice pajamas for eachother and had a "night in" we also went out to a fancy dinner thenext night.

I had a canvas printed from shutterfly.com that I thought came out very nice, especially after I had it mounted and framed.
April 12th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Yeah, you're probably both right about it being more for me. But I do know he loves that picture and we're remodeling our basement, so I was thinking it would be a nice piece to put down there. I don't know. Glad I started thinking of this early though. I love both of your ideas!

{Our family blog}

April 12th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never had a canvas done but I want one.

For our first anniversary I made DH a photobook of pictures since we started dating.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
April 12th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Super Mommy
Pretty sure in the 6 1/2 yrs we have been married we've never bought each other a gift for our anniversary. We have a tradition to go out to eat the The Keg (an expensive steakhouse that we only go to once a year for this occassion) and just spend the evening together.

I love the idea of getting a picture printed on canvas. For my birthday this year, because it's my 30th, I'm asking for us to do a couples photo shoot because we haven't had any nice pictures taken since 2006!
April 12th, 2011, 08:50 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I started a tradition of going on a weekend trip and staying in a bed and breakfast for our anniversary. We were married at a bed and breakfast, so it seemed fitting. For our first anniversary we went to Lexington, VA and did the tours and historical thing then went to Luray caverns. Last year, our second anniversary, our dog died that morning so I was in no mood to celebrate and we canceled our plans. Not sure where we'll go this year. We're thinking somewhere in Northern CA.

This arrangement works out well for us because DH is IMPOSSIBLE to shop for!
April 12th, 2011, 09:29 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
We really dont do anniversary gifts. A week before our first anniversary we bought our boat so we considered that our anniversary gift to each other. Since he'll send me flowers thats about it.
This year, our 5 year anniversary, back on Friday, I bought him a Phoenix Suns hat, to replace the one that fell apart due to wear a few months ago. Me I got the new Nora Roberts book, Chasing Fire once it came out yesterday.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
April 13th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Lots of good ideas girls, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusF View Post
DH and I started a tradition of going on a weekend trip and staying in a bed and breakfast for our anniversary. We were married at a bed and breakfast, so it seemed fitting. For our first anniversary we went to Lexington, VA and did the tours and historical thing then went to Luray caverns. Last year, our second anniversary, our dog died that morning so I was in no mood to celebrate and we canceled our plans. Not sure where we'll go this year. We're thinking somewhere in Northern CA.

This arrangement works out well for us because DH is IMPOSSIBLE to shop for!
I think we're also going to do the weekend trip idea. Even if it's not far, I just want to be able to get away for a short bit and have some alone time. I think we're going down to Southern Illinois to see Garden of the Gods. I've heard it's beautiful there! So even though it's nothing big, I'm looking forward to it.

{Our family blog}

July 12th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I had to give an update on this, because this was too good not to share. So yesterday was our 1st anniversary and we had gone away for the weekend and got back yesterday afternoon and then were going to exchange our gifts. I went ahead with my original idea and got our wedding venue pic done on canvas.

So I give him his gift first and he opens it and just kind of freezes and goes um, you open yours. I'm thinking what the heck?! Yeah, he also got me a pic of our wedding location! It's not the same pic. He found one online and I used the one from our photographer. And his was put onto wood, instead of canvas. But seriously, what are the chances of that?! I still can't believe we did that! haha

{Our family blog}

July 12th, 2011, 03:49 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Our 4th wedding anniversary (this June) DH surprised me with roses (turns out roses was the 4th yr wedding gift theme).

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

July 12th, 2011, 04:37 PM
terrordactyl's Avatar sidecars are for *****es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie.S View Post
I had to give an update on this, because this was too good not to share. So yesterday was our 1st anniversary and we had gone away for the weekend and got back yesterday afternoon and then were going to exchange our gifts. I went ahead with my original idea and got our wedding venue pic done on canvas.

So I give him his gift first and he opens it and just kind of freezes and goes um, you open yours. I'm thinking what the heck?! Yeah, he also got me a pic of our wedding location! It's not the same pic. He found one online and I used the one from our photographer. And his was put onto wood, instead of canvas. But seriously, what are the chances of that?! I still can't believe we did that! haha
that is so cute great minds think alike
July 12th, 2011, 05:56 PM
(not so patiently) WTTC
lol, that it too funny!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search