How did you decide?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How did you choose your TTC start date?

If you haven't decided yet, what's holding you back from making the decision?

July 10th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
We've been wanting to to one degree or another since probably 2010. We knew it would be better to avoid for awhile, though, because my immigration was still in process (you don't get permission to stay in the country while a visa processes either, which meant that we would be apart for several weeks to several months at a time and we didn't want to be apart for that experience if we could help it). We also wanted to be married and settled into a home first, and have some time together just the two of us. I didn't want to be pregnant at the wedding, and now we're somewhat planning to wait until September so we can fully enjoy our honeymoon/first anniversary trip (although neither of us would be hugely upset if we flubbed it in August... but the PLAN is to wait and so we will try to stick to it).

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
July 10th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always wanted a 3 year age gap between my kids. But DS was born in September and being in my 3rd trimester all through the summer heat was rough. So I'd love a Spring baby next time. That means TTC in June - August for a March - May baby, which works out pretty well since DH graduates w the degree he's been working on in May, which means we can start TTC right after he graduates. Wahlaaa!!! We have our TTC date : June 2013!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

July 11th, 2012, 03:19 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am trying to plan it so my two daughters will not have to go to summer camp next summer and will be home with me and the baby instead. It will save me about $2500 for the summer (I get a great deal from Pinecrest near us) and it will give the girls a chance to chill out for a summer for once in their lives. I also do not want to be pregnant for too far into summer, so if we get pregnant in October, then we will have an early July baby and I'll only have a couple weeks of hot hot weather to deal with. Also, if we did September then we would have an early June baby and that would be right around our first wedding anniversary and would not be fun each year to have to plan back to back weekends (bday party/wedding anniversary trip). Hopefully October is our month, otherwise I will be pregnant thru all of July

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 11th, 2012, 06:58 PM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dh. He'd really like to see me lose weight before he will be 100% on board. Even though he has said from time to time we will try soon. He even had me thinking we could try this Summer, but that hasn't happened.
July 12th, 2012, 07:12 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We planned to try and pay off some bills and get our baby over a year and possibly sleeping better at night (hahahahaha, pipe dream). So we tentively said December. BUT, DH threw out that he doesn't love the idea of three children born in September/October, so he wanted to move the TTC date. I sorta fought him, since I assumed he meant waiting until March to try. But he meant starting in September instead Sooooo....I dunno. I am still on the fence about trying that soon. I thought I might be ready, but when it comes down to it, I am just not sure. I'll see what my AF does over the next month or two (I just got my first PPAF) and that will probably be a main factor as to when we try.

So I guess we don't really have a TTC date yet. It's sometime between September and December. Possibly with a break over December, January, February if we don't try before that or don't get pregnant. I still would like to pay of some bills, but DH isn't worried about it. We have a good budget and basically everything we would need for a new baby. So he thinks we will be fine.
July 12th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our daughter will be one at the end of this month. We are WTTC until at least next July. I just interviewed for a job that would be a great pay increase ($8500) and more time off in the summers. We want them to be about 3 years apart. So next July/August is the minimum that we will start to try. Plus that gives me time to keep losing weight as well as getting our credit cards paid off/almost off.

July 12th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
We havent really set a date. Right now it could be 1 year or 3 years before we start TTC.

Just kind of waiting to see how things pan out with DH's work and wating to see when I feel ready to have another baby.

July 15th, 2012, 06:45 PM
DH and I are both ready to TTC, but both of us were "oops" babies and raised by parents who had to scrape by a lot. We want to be financially set before we have a child, plus we transfer in less than two years and I don't want to transfer either pregnant or with a young infant. DH's next unit will be four years, so if we TTC about the time we leave/when we get there, hopefully once we transfer it will be with a three or almost three year old.
July 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Super Mommy
We had set about 4 other dates prior to the one we have set now, but due to unplanned circumstances we've obviously kept pushing that date back further. This is it...January 2013. There's NO changing the date. For Sure!!!
July 25th, 2012, 08:43 PM
ColoradoJess's Avatar Veteran
Before I got laid off, we were planning to go to Mexico for our 5 year anniversary in October, and I didn't want to be preggo for that. So we'd planned to start trying in early November. Now, I don't know. We'll have to see about finances.

Matt & Jessica - Married 10.27.2007, TTC #1 starting fall 2012

Furbabies Bella (dog) and Luna (cat - RIP 7/8/2012)

July 26th, 2012, 12:37 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We just know that there is another one for us in the cards. Not really sure when but we would love a 4th. When we started dating we always talked about having 4.

July 26th, 2012, 02:00 PM
hannah79's Avatar A little bit wicked
I kept going back and forth on dates. At first, I wanted to wait even longer. I had some traveling that I wanted to do. I decided that I could go ahead and travel while pregnant. I've done it before. My temporary disability insurance won't kick in until September, so I have to at least wait until then. I hope getting pregnant is a relatively quick process this go round. I would like for a baby to be born end of may/june because I am a teacher.

July 26th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I know I haven't been around much but I'm back and gonna try and.catch up on some posts! We Are still waiting! And that is only b/c of DH!!! He's driving me bonkers! He just wont agree to it! I'm hoping I can convince him soon!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 9th, 2012, 05:00 PM
k_hall1784's Avatar Member
We decided on our TTC date when we thought about what we wanted to get done before our next child arrived. I want to be just about done with school, lose 40lbs and get our youngest out of diapers. We both want to buy a house, and give our newly opened business a full year of as much attention as possible. I'm happy that we will be in a stable place and both 100% ready to bring another life into our family.

September 9th, 2012, 06:12 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are just waiting a few months so I can be fully healed after my M/C! Thinking 2-3 cycles should be enough.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

September 9th, 2012, 09:48 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our TTC date has been July 1st every year since 2010. And every year July 1 would come and DH would push it back another year due to dis-satisfaction with his career. He is finally heading on a career path he is more happy with so he swears July 1 2013 will be it this time. Besides if he delays it one more time it might actually become WW3 in our house. I am starting to get angry about getting my hopes up every year just to have them crushed. But I really believe him this time because unlike other years he is not speaking with any doubt this time and when I talk about it now he seems into it where before he would not want to talk about it.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

September 9th, 2012, 10:25 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't chosen one. We are waiting for DH to feel stable...

September 10th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We chose first for sibling spacing, and second to avoid having another birthday in the already large chunk of birthdays.
September 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
Waiting on me and my weight loss. We planned for Nov thinking i would reach my weight loss goal by then but that might not happen. Ive lost 26lbs and got 24lbs to lose before early Nov.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search