Birthing plans?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2012, 09:27 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I have. With my son, I was induced at 10days past my due date. It was awful. It took a very long time, DS was posterior and I had all back labor, the pictocin didn't let me have breaks in between contrx, I had to have 3 epis and I ended up w/a c-section after pushing for 2 hours. I felt out of control of my body.

I want my next one to be NOTHING like that. I would love a v-bac if I am able. I will never be induced again if I can help it. Hopefully have an anesthesiology who isn't a student and knows how to put an epidural in. If I can't have a calm birth where I go into labor on my own, I'm sure they will schedule another c-section - which is ok with me too.

I envy people who have water births and home births, but I know that is not for me. I wish it was but after my 1st experience, I would be terrified to not have pain control.

July 11th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Veteran
With my first I went to see my doctor on a Friday and was told that if I didn't have him by my next apt (one week later) that we would look into being induced. My contractions slowly started that day, but i wasnt admitted to the hospital until the next day (Which was my due date) because they wernt close enough togethter. As soon as i was admitted i had my epidural and he was born a couple of hours later after 15 minutes of pushing.
With DS#2 I went to my apt on a Tuesday and was told again that if he didn't come by my next apt (would have been on my due date) that we would talk about induction. Contractions started on that Satuday night and I went to the hospital at 7am the next morning, had my epidural by 11:30 and at 1:30pm the nurse said "you are 8cm" i laughed and said "just to warn you my other son was here within 15 minutes of being told that" she didn't make it to the door before i felt pressure and he was born at 1:43pm
I pray that my next delivery goes the same. I went on my own with both one on my due date and the other 2 days before and both epidurals were amazing and short pushing times. I have never had surgery so the idea of a c-section scares me!
July 11th, 2012, 03:27 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was induced with both and had epis with both. My first I could hardly feel when it came time to push. My second I felt everything and it hurt - I was not prepared for it. I literally had to speak to myself ( inside my head of course) and give myself a pep talk in order to push. I just did it as hard as I could so the pain would go away as fast as possible, lol. This time I don't know what I am going to do. I may try NCB since it is my last, but I am not sure. Depends on how big the baby is! I only was in labor for 5 and 6 hours each time. I hope the next one is as fast!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12

Last edited by WorkerBeeMama; July 16th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
July 11th, 2012, 07:41 PM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first I went into labor on my own, but 5 days late and panicked as I didn't know what was going on and went to the hospital way too soon. Wish I would have been calmer and labored at home longer.

My second I was induced 12 days late.

My twins i was induced at 36w 3d due to pelvic pain.

And Len I was induced 5 days early because my doctor knew i was worried about him being anemic. But I wish now I would have just waited and only done the induction if I was late. He only had trouble keeping his temp up. Everything else was fine.

So now I'd like to labor as long as possible at home. Go to the hospital just in time to deliver my little one and not have any pain meds. My last epidural hurt worse than the strong painful contractions I was having with Lennox. I still have problems with my spine where they stuck the catheter in. I wouldn't be surprised if I have scar tissue from her hitting my bone several times.
July 12th, 2012, 07:03 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am hopefully going for another NCB.

My first was a gorgeous labor (long but slow and mild). It was intervention-free and my son was born after only being at the hospital for 3 hours (30 minutes of it pushing). I desperately wanted a repeat of his birth with my second.

But that little sucker had other plans in mind. He flipped breech at 37 weeks and then I promptly went into labor two days later. We went to the hospital as soon as my water broke, to see if he was still breech. He wasn't, but had meconium. Labor was slow, as apparently is my style. But with the water broken and the meconium, I had a labor clock (and an a$3hole doctor on call). Pitocin and a half shot of Nubain later, he was born. I can't complain too much, as it was still a pretty decent birth, in the grand scheme of things. But I do feel that the experience was a good bit different than I had in mind (I was hoping for pain relief in the water, non-augmented labor).

I was ultimately wanting to do a home birth. But it's just not possible locally, especially with my blood clotting issue. So, I will just attempt to stay home as long as possible and pop a kid out soon after arriving at the hospital. But, who knows, maybe my kid will have other plans and it will go a totally different way
July 12th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Memi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My body did exactly what it should have and amazed me with DS. But even still the second my feet hit the hospital floor I was made to get all of these interventions I didn't want nor need. I ended up with a c-sectionafter 18 hours of labor and an absolutely agonizing recovery. DEverything about the experience was awful!!!

The next birth will be with the care of a midwife, not a Dr, and I hope to do everything as natural as possible to not repeat my first birth experience. I absolutely want a VBAC. I'm not opposed to an epidural at all but want to hold off as long as I can before getting one if I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Expecting #3 in January 2016!

July 12th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had walking epis with both of my other births but this time I am SET on not getting any pain meds. It's not that I had a bad experience either time, I really have very fond memories of and feelings towards my births, it's just that I now realize that whenever I felt like I couldn't do it anymore was right when I was almost done and so I really just want to have that experience.

They just built an entirely new hospital here and there are jacuzzi tubs in every birth room, so I will take advantage of that, if I can!

July 12th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With my first, I was induced a week early due to Gestational Diabetes. As a PP said, I had no room to breathe inbetween contractions once they started the Pitocin. Once they broke my water, I thought I was going to die. They gave me Fentanyl for the pain. That was horrible. It made me cry, it made the room spin, and it made me feel so lost and confused. The doctor was talking to me and I just started bawling and said I couldn't understand him. So DH said he would explain it to me later. I hated that feeling and will hopefully never get it again. I bled out really badly afterward and they had to watch my blood levels to make sure I didn't need a transfusion.

I did have an Epidural and will have it again. After the epidural, my body relaxed and I was able to rest to gain my strength for the pushing phase. So I am glad I had the epidural. My labor was almost exactly 12 hours. They induced me at 5:20am and I had her at 5:18pm.

I hope to never, ever have to be induced again.

July 14th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
With my first, I had all sorts of plans. I wanted to do everything naturally. No unecessary interventions, etc.

Then I got diagnosed with an uncommon medical issue that required a lot of additional tests, surgery while pregnant, etc. Even during labor I still wanted to do things naturally, but but I ended up induced and had an epidural.

Despite things not going as planned, I am 100% happy with my birth experience. The birth and labor itself was the easiest part of my pregnancy. Bebe and I both came out of it healthy and happy!

For my next, the only thing I'd change is the epidural. I hope I can get through it med free next time!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

July 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a fabulous NCB for DD. My water broke at 3am at 38w3d. We headed over to the Birth Center the next morning where I labored until about 5pm when I begged to get into the tub. DD was born in the water at around 9pm after 45 minutes of pushing. I'm hoping for a repeat experience. I'm toying with the idea of a home birth and I'm planning to look into it and maybe interview a HB MW.

July 16th, 2012, 02:13 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well after thinking about this topic more I decided I want to go for a NCB for # 3. I spoke with DH and said I want a doula as I think that will help me a lot. I had good experiences with both my births but I want to try it pitocin free and without pain meds/epis. I also do not want to lay down this time but listen to what feels best for my body. FX it all works how we want it to. I think we need to speak up for ourselves more! Doctors are so pushy! My second doctor wanted to give me an episiotomy and I flat out refused - but he pushed so hard I was seriously mad and annoyed. My best friend was in the room with me and stuck up for me as she was instructed to do. Thankfully I got what I wanted

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 25th, 2012, 08:12 PM
ColoradoJess's Avatar Veteran
I'm considered high-risk for a variety of reasons, so I'm not a good candidate for a home birth - and frankly, given my medical history, it scares the crap out of me. (Not knocking home births in general, but I'm seriously THAT PATIENT, that has everything that possibly can go wrong happen to her.) I'm much more comfortable in a hospital, and we've already picked the one - it's where all my docs have privileges and my high-risk OB has his office on the 5th floor, plus it's a Level I trauma center with a NICU. It's also where I've had all my past surgeries and hospitalizations, and I've always had good experiences there.

I'll elect for an epi more than likely. I've been through a lot of really painful crap, and I just really don't feel like adding on to it if I can avoid it. Given my health history, I'm a pretty empowered patient, so I don't worry very much about docs pushing me around. I interviewed my high-risk OB for an hour before deciding to stay with him, lol. The one thing I need to ask them about is different positions for labor, instead of laying on my back.

Matt & Jessica - Married 10.27.2007, TTC #1 starting fall 2012

Furbabies Bella (dog) and Luna (cat - RIP 7/8/2012)

July 26th, 2012, 12:33 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We will have another home birth barring any medical need to give birth in a hospital.

July 26th, 2012, 03:05 PM
hannah79's Avatar A little bit wicked
I will hopefully have a planned section this time. I have had three sections, all unplanned.

My first was great. I had been in labor for 36 hours and I never dilated past 4. When the doctor suggested it, I was thrilled. The recovery was great.

My second was horrific. I had a very complicated pregnancy. My son was born at 29 weeks. He only lived for a few hours. The section itself was pretty bad too. The spinal didn't work too well, and I felt everything. They offered to knock me out, but I didn't know what would happen with the baby, so I didn't want to miss anything.

My third son was born at 36 weeks. I woke up to lots of blood one morning. Two hours later my son was here. He was small, but healthy. The section was great. I couldn't ask for a better experience.

July 26th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I want to basically have the same experience as I did with my daughter. The only 2 things I didn't like were not being able to move around before the epidural because of being constantly hooked up so next time I want to be monitored when I first get there and then be unhooked so I can walk if I want until its time for an epidural (ideally I wont get there so early and be able to get an epidural right away next time) and also they gave me pitocin after she was born to help my uterus contract back down and I want to avoid that if possible because it made my arm hurt really bad and I couldn't hold her for very long because it was so painful and made my arm so weak. Other than that I loved having an epidural and felt no pain while giving birth!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
August 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Kailey was hospital (heart issues on my part).
Nola was homebirth.
Future will be homebirths.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

August 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am hoping for a home birth the next time around. Dh still isn't sure about it, but he is doing his research and says he will give me an answer shortly after we get a BFP.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

September 9th, 2012, 04:45 PM
k_hall1784's Avatar Member
I want to try NCB at home. I have three and all of them were born in a hospital. The labor/delivery of my oldest was awful. Every single aspect of it. I was induced, had all types of drugs and the recovery was awful seeing as how I tore from front to back due to pushing when I didn't need to. The labor/delivery of my second born was better, but I went with an epi again because I was scared of the pain. The labor/delivery of my youngest was cool. I did 96% of the laboring at home. She was born 30 minutes after I reached the hospital. I managed to have her with no medical intervention what so ever and the hospital was amazing. Now that I know that I can do it, I want to do a planned natural birth at home. My hubby isn't too keen about the idea, but I plan on working my magic on him. lol

September 10th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am mildy upset that I couldn't do the home birth route.... but I will have gestational diabetes for sure. I had it with both my previous pregnancies, and it went un diagnosed the first time, resulting in some complications for me and baby. It was well managed the second time, but I did get induced 13 days early. I rocked the birth though, and I knwo I could rock a home birth. I would do it now more than ever because we live in the house we're about to buy. I wouldn't have prior because we lived in an apt. Oh well... hospital birth likely. I do go pain med free, so that's something. My hospital is very encouraging too, so I have that. They aren't super pushy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search