WTTCER of the Week

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry guys. This week is my week. We were out of town yesterday so I didn't have a chance to post. I'll post my Pre-Baby Life tonight after work. I'll just be a day behind! Oops.
navywifey2003 likes this.

September 4th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Annnnnnnnnd I had a long post, with pictures, and was almost done. Photobucket froze and then I couldn't do anything to my computer. So I had to restart I lost the whole post. So I typed it in word and am going to try to add the pictures tomorrow.

Sorry guys

September 4th, 2012, 09:02 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Thats okay hun. Things happen. Its perfectly fine for this to run into the weekend.

September 5th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No worries! Can't wait to read it all! Aren't computers just the greatest?
September 5th, 2012, 11:19 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can't wait to read it!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

September 5th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay! Here I am! I tried to upload some other photos to it, but apparently photobucket is still acting crazy and not letting me add new pictures to my album, GRRRR. So here's my pre-baby life...

First off, I’m Mandy. I’m 26. I am married to Joe and mommy to one precious little girl, Brynlee. She was born 7.27.11 so she is 13 months old.

I was born and raised in Texas. I am the 2nd oldest (and oldest girl) of 4 kids. I have an older brother and 2 younger sisters. We’ve all been really close. My mom got pregnant at 15 and dropped out of high school. My dad graduated high school, but was in the oil field so he was a roughneck. My parents tried really hard to provide us with the needs as well as the wants. I played softball, was a cheerleader, was in gymnastics—just to name a few things. Here I am as a little girl (that’s not my dad): Here I am with brown hair: I don’t know how old I am there. It’s crazy how much my hair changed. Unfortunately, I don’t really have pictures of me as a baby because our house caught fire when I was younger. So the pictures are few and far between. Here’s a picture of me and my sisters playing Barbies: It was our favorite activity. Here’s my siblings and I with my cousin (who my parents raised):

My childhood was relatively good minus some ups and downs with my parents. We went to the lake a lot, camping, boating, fishing, etc. We were “country bumpkins”. I always had lots of friends, did very well in school, and was also very involved in school. My parents (mainly my mom) always pushed academics, college, etc. So there was never any doubt in my mind that I wouldn’t go to college. Unfortunately, my dad passed away when I was a sophomore in high school. He had colon cancer. That is by far the worst thing I’ve ever had to go through. The time he was diagnosed until the time he passed away was less than a year. Doctors think he may have been able to be saved through chemo if he would have gone to the doctor sooner about the troubles he was experiencing. Unfortunately, he was a very stubborn man. Here he is baking cookies while my mom was in the hospital recovering from her hysterectomy. This is before he was diagnosed with cancer. I don’t like to look at the pictures of him when he was sick. He looks really happy here and that’s what I Want to remember: I still remember the last day he was at home. It was a Tuesday in October. He was very frail and sickly and should not have been up and around. We were getting ready for school and he wanted to make himself a bowl of cereal. I was in the kitchen and told him not to and to just wait for Mom to do it. I walked out of the room and immediately heard a loud crash. He fell. He hit his head on the counter and was incoherent. My mom had to rush him to the hospital (28 miles away). He never came home. He passed away 2 weeks later.

After my Dad died, my mom mentally, emotionally, and physically checked out. She met a guy two months later who lived 45 minutes away in WF. She would spend all weekend there and oftentimes during the week, too. Shortly after she started dating him, I started dating my first serious boyfriend. My first love, Jason. He also lived in WF so I would babysit my mom’s boyfriend’s kids in order to go visit him. It was actually a sucky trade-off, but I was in love. Just for fun, here we were back then: We dated for about a year and a half and are still friends these days. I still talk to his Mom, too. LOL I started gaining weight after my Dad died. I think it had a lot to do with Jason taking me out to eat, My mom no longer cooking home cooked meals, and not playing summer softball. It was the first summer that I didn’t play. At the end of my sophomore year, my mom decided we were moving to WF with her boyfriend and his horrible kids. Our relationship took even more of a nose dive after that. I had to leave the town I grew up in, my best friends, everything. I started drinking, going out a lot, hanging out with some older friends. By the time my senior year rolled around, I could not wait to leave home and go to college. I went to Texas Tech University…about 3 hours from home. I left and barely looked back.

College was crazy and I had a lot of fun. I met great people and I’m still friends with some of them now. Here’s me and some of my best friends from freshman year: Here’s Jonathan, my dreamboat from freshman year lol: I kept gaining weight, kept binge drinking, kept going to all the cool parties, but I worked out a lot so the weight wasn’t as noticeable as it would be if I didn’t work out. I remember getting strep throat during my freshman year and I lost 7 lbs in 1 week. I weighed myself and I Was 139 lbs. I remember thinking how FAT I was. Now I would kill to be 139. 140 is my goal weight, lol. Fast forward to sophomore year and meet Bryan: (Can you see the resemblance of each of them? Lol) He was very, very bad for me. We started “dating” in Sept 05 and stopped “dating” in Jan 08. Basically, I was a booty call for him. I know I didn’t love him and he didn’t love me. I finally just had to cut him off completely. I saw him in Jan 08 and stopped talking to him in February. The sad thing is that he never seemed to notice. He never asked why I didn’t call. Didn’t ask why I no longer talked to him on AIM (the thing back then lol), and never called to invite me over or ask why I stopped going to their parties. He was fine with me disappearing. We didn’t talk again until he randomly called me in May, around my birthday. I only answered because he called me about 12 times in a row. I had deleted his number and being that most of the college kids there are from out of town, I never memorized his number. He was drunk and needed a ride. He was near my apartment. He knew I wouldn’t let him drive drunk and he knew I wouldn’t drive from 71st St. to 4th St. in order to take him home. So he stayed at my apartment. He tried to mess around, but I ignored him and didn’t give in. I now know that I was completely over him. I took him home the next day and never saw him again. I met DH in July of ’08, but I’ll save that for tomorrow

The rest of college consisted of working my tail off and partying the rest of it off. I went to bars long before I was 21. I was going out constantly and had a couple of bad episodes, but I’d rather not get into those!

I graduated from Texas Tech with a BS in Community, Family, & Addiction Services. I was the first one in my family to graduate from college. I am very proud of that. I did my internship with Communities in Schools. Shortly after graduation, I moved back to WF. Shortly after that, I got a job with the CIS here and this is my 4th year with them. CIS is a non-profit, stay in school program. We focus on academics, behavior, attendance, and social service needs. I’m a campus based Case Worker and I really enjoy my job. It’s tough being at the school that I am at, but I know that I touch at least a few kids’ lives every year and that’s enough to make my job worthwhile.

September 5th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Wow you have been through a lot. I am so sorry about your dad.

September 5th, 2012, 04:37 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing! Sorry about your dad

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

September 5th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Loved reading your story, as terrible as it is about your dad it really sounds like he was amazing, and I think you're really lucky to have had the years you did with him. I'm sure you have so much of him in your personality, and that will go to your kids. No doubt he would be so proud of all your accomplishments!
September 5th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing!
September 5th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My Love Story:

I met Joey in July 2008. I was about to begin my last semester of college so I had come home for the 4th of July to hang out with friends. I’ll skip all of the boring details about how we met. We met at a bar through mutual friends. We hung out the next day as well. I told him that I was leaving on Sunday and going back to school. We talked every day, many times a day for 2 weeks. Then he came to visit me at school. We were official after that. Here’s our first picture together on our first date when he came to visit.

I remember being SO nervous because he would be spending the night with me and well, I knew what that meant! LOL We did the long distance thing and it was really hard. I ended up going home A LOT before school started back up in September. I knew I wouldn’t be taking that many trips home when school started because I had a full-time job, full course load, an internship, and also the Women’s Service Organization that I was involved in. Here’s random pictures from our relationship.

We did long distance from July-December. I graduated from college in December. His Dad even came to my graduation. He also helped load the U-Haul. We moved back to WF the next day. I haven’t been back to Tx Tech since. I moved in with my mom, who was now living by herself with a kind of live-in boyfriend. My siblings had all moved out. Let me tell you, I lived with her from mid-December to mid-February and that was HARD! It was so difficult being 22 years old and living back at home after being away for 4 years. I ended up spending A LOT of time at Joey’s Dad’s house with Joey. Joey had moved in with his Dad in June of that year when he moved back to WF. He was saving money. We moved in together in February 2009 after only 7 months of dating. Things were good, then rocky, then good, then rocky. I remember going out one night and when we got home, he told me he never wanted to get married. I know it was because his parents had recently divorced after 26 or 27 years of marriage. He said something about why would we get married when we’d just get divorced and I’d take all of his $h!t anyway. Ouch! We argued a lot because I was still waiting tables and we were working opposite shifts. He had a regular 8-5 job and I worked weekends, nights, double shifts. So we weren’t together a lot. He also started playing WoW and it was a horrible ordeal! I don’t mind video/computer games at all, but it was seriously interfering with our relationship, plans with family, etc.

We hated the house and neighborhood that we were in. So in November of 2009, we moved to the house that we are still in now. In September of 2010, we started talking about getting off of BC and maybe trying to have a baby. I am a BIG reader so of course I googled to see how long it “Should” take for me to get pregnant. I ended up chickening out and refilled my BC 10 minutes before the pharmacy closed on the night that I needed to start a new pack! So I stayed on BC for another month and we both decided to just get off of the BC and see how things went. I bought an ovulation kit because I had read about checking to see if you even ovulate when you get off BC. I got really sick the first week of November and had a stomach infection. I knew the week that I would use the ovulation tests. We DTD on Monday night. I had started the OPKs on Sunday. I took a test every day and it never said I ovulated. Within a week, I could barely face the shower because my tatas hurt so bad. Needless to say, sometimes it only takes one time! More on the baby tomorrow…

We had talked about marriage a lot, but since we got pregnant…we figured we better make it official. He “asked” me to marry him in January (I think). I don’t even remember the date. All I remember is that we were going to go out to eat and go to the mall to see what ring size I wear. We started looking at rings and there was one that I kept going back to. I asked if I could go try the ring on one more time. When the lady went to put it up, he told her that we would take it. I looked at him and he smiled really big. The lady said, “You have to at least ask her to marry you!” So he asked me. When we got back in the car, he had a sweet card telling me how much he loves me and wants to marry me. He kept talking about being a Dad and how excited he was. We got out of the car to go eat annnnd….I threw up all in the parking lot. LOL (I had really bad nausea and vomiting!) My ring is small and dainty. I absolutely love it.

So we set the date for March 19th over my Spring Break from school. I was 20 weeks pregnant! My mom was in ND, my sister was in CA, and my dad is not alive. So it was actually really sad for me. My brother and SIL, and my sister and her fiancé were there, but that’s all of my family. The rest was both sets of Joey’s parents, his grandparents, his brother and his girlfriend. Him and his sister were fighting a lot so she wasn’t there. My dress was $20 from Ross, but I searched for the Valero forever. I ended up ordering it from Forever21.com and praying it would fit! My shoes and jewelry were from JCP. Joey’s Dad and Step-mom hosted a reception for us at their house. It was very sweet and we had a good time. His Dad made me cry with his really sweet toast to us.

Here’s some of our wedding pictures…

This is where we got married…”The Falls”…

At our reception:

Here we are, 4 years later with 2 dogs, a cat, and a baby… <3

DH is an electronics installer for a Commercial and Industrial Electronics company. He’s been with the same company since he moved back to WF 4 years ago. He’s been really sick since February when he was diagnosed with diverticulitis. He’s had 4 extended hospital stays since the end of March as well as 2 very invasive surgeries. He had a colostomy bag for 14 weeks after having about 8-10 inches of his colon removed. The surgeon said it was the worst case he has ever seen. He lost 60 lbs in 2 months. He just recently had to have part 2 of the surgery where they had to remove more of his colon, repair his colon, and repair a hole in his bladder. The last 7 months have been extremely rough on us in every way imaginable. Financially…he has missed SO much work. Emotionally…we fight all the time. Physically…he can’t do much of anything at all. We’re just hoping he heals quickly from this last surgery and hopefully things will go back to normal very soon.

Thanks for reading my love story <3

September 5th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
Wow you have been through a lot. I am so sorry about your dad.
It was definitely the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. I know the only thing that could be harder to deal with would be to lose a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
Thanks for sharing! Sorry about your dad
Thanks for reading and thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama.Angie View Post
Loved reading your story, as terrible as it is about your dad it really sounds like he was amazing, and I think you're really lucky to have had the years you did with him. I'm sure you have so much of him in your personality, and that will go to your kids. No doubt he would be so proud of all your accomplishments!
He was overall a good guy. There were lots of problems between him and my mom that I have really had a huge impact on my morals and values when it comes to relationships though. I know that he would really like Joey and I love Brynlee. I love seeing FIL and Brynlee together...she just loves him. But I'm not going to lie, it makes me sad sometimes. I bought a onesie when I was pregnant and it said something about Grandpa being the coolest or something like that. I had a breakdown over that tiny little onesie!

September 10th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here's my life as a Mommy.

DH and I started talking about having/wanting to have a baby in August 2010. We had pretty much agreed that I would get off BC when I finished my pill back in September. Well, I chickened out right before the pharmacy closed that evening. I called in my pill at the last minute and went and picked it up. So I didn't get off the pill until my next cycle, at the end of October.

I got really sick with a stomach infection, was in the ER, and missed a few days of work during the first week of November. I decided to buy an ovulation kit since I had been reading about not ovulating for a few months after getting off of the pill. Since I had been on the pill for 6 years, I figured it'd probably take a while to get pregnant so I wanted to start to get to know my cycles. We DTD on Monday, November 8th. I did the ovulation kit every day and it never was positive. ?? So I figured I hadn't ovulated.

The next week, I was having a lot of issues and I wasn't sure if it was my body acting up since I was off the pill or if they were pregnancy symptoms. I did a lot of googling and looking on JM and apparently they are pretty close to the same thing! My friend said he thought I should take a test just in case. I wasn't supposed to start my period until the next day, but I took one and it was positive. I went and bought another pack and took it that same night (I swore the first one had to be old) and it was positive. I took one the next morning and same thing. The next day, we went to DH's family's house for Thanksgiving. We had to stop twice on the 2 hour drive for me to throw up! I was sick for 21 weeks. Blah.

I had Gestational Diabetes and they said she was already a "big" baby so my doctor asked me if I wanted to be induced a week early (depending on if I had made any progress). I did some research and decided it was best because of the GD. I went in for Cervadil on Tuesday, July 26th. It didn't do much at all to progress me. So at 5:20am on Wednesday, July 27th, they induced me. HOLY HELL....Pitocin sucks.

Almost exactly 12 hours later, at 5:18pm, I had my Brynlee! Here's our first family photo:

firstfamilypic by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

Here's my little Asian-looking baby. (She's 1/4 Armenian. Her dad is 1/2 and her Grandpa's family is full Armenian.)

IMG_0273[1] by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

IMG_0271[1] by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

I breastfed and pumped, but only until she was 5 1/2 months old. I really struggled pumping once I went back to work. Since I have my own office, I was at least able to put a sign on the door, lock it, and pump. But I also have a very unpredictable schedule so that made it very difficult. She has been in daycare since 6 weeks since I had to go back to work right away. It was really hard for me. We had her in an in-home place until 2 weeks ago. Our sitter is moving outside of town and it's too far for me to take her out there. We put her in a center and the first week was really rough (she had massive meltdowns every day), but she loves it now. Everyone always talks about how cute she is dressed and how much hair she has, LOL. She is the oldest in the infant room so she seems more advanced then the other babies in there. Most of them are almost a year, but Brynlee still seems so much bigger.

Parenting...I am a gentle discipline, redirecting type parent. It makes me cringe when DH's family says things like, "Do you want me to get my flip flop???" (spanking) or yesterday when SIL said, "I can't wait until I can say 'I'll give you something to cry about!'". I plan to parent pretty much completely different from my parents and the way DH was raised. So I am sure we will butt heads when it comes to spanking and other forms of discpline.

I love being a Mom and I am crazy about my hyper, super active little girl. She's been walking since 9 months so we've been chasing her for a while. She's very smart, loves to explore and learn, and is very friendly. She's very outgoing, but has recently started these meltdowns as well as wanting me to pick her up all the time. Sometimes it gets really frustrating.

Here's some pictures and then I'll leave it open for some Q&A! The pictures are in no particular order. I am just taking whatever I have on my flickr account since I can't use photobucket at work!

Daddy and his Princess:

Daddybb by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

I used this picture for a local contest and she won Beautiful Eyes

Upload 002 by ttumandy5586, on Flickr
Family photos for Christmas last year:

christmas by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

Her Easter outfit:

easter by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

She loves baths:

033 by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

BB4 by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

Me and BB in the hospital:

IMG_0287[1] by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

IMG_0719[1] by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

IMG_1249[1] by ttumandy5586, on Flickr
Former daycare lady's daughter made her a hat:

IMG_1348[1] by ttumandy5586, on Flickr
Her Grandpa (FIL) and cousin (born 3 months after BB):

IMG_1678[1] by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

IMG_1811[1] by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

IMG_2784[1] by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

IMG_2704[1] by ttumandy5586, on Flickr
Pigtails!!!

AF Princess by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

IMG_2815[1] by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

memorialday by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

brynleepooledit by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

modeling by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

birthday2 by ttumandy5586, on Flickr

Okay....sorry I got carried away with the pictures! Let the Q&A begin!!!

September 10th, 2012, 07:03 AM
I love pictures of Brynlee!!! She is just a doll! Always so happy and confidant looking!

Okay, questions...

What would you like your next to be gender wise?

Does the gender of the next affect you being done or not?

Do you already have baby names in mind for the next?
September 10th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What would you like your next to be gender wise? A boy! I really, really want a boy. I would like Brynlee to have a sister though. I love my sisters, but I know it's not guaranteed that she would have the same kind of relationship. I just really enjoy having sisters!

Does the gender of the next affect you being done or not? We have both 100% agreed that we only want two. So we will be done after 2 no matter of the gender.

Do you already have baby names in mind for the next? I have a boy name that I looooove, but am not crazy enough to even mention it to DH until we are pregnant again, LOL. I haven't even though about girl names yet. I just love Brynlee's name so much that I feel like I'll have a hard time picking out a second girl name.

September 10th, 2012, 10:31 AM
How is your relationship with your mom now that you are a mommy?

September 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No matter what, my mom will always treat the 4 of us like kids and be in our business. So I distance myself from her. She was in ND for all of my pregnancy and moved back to TX in March of this year so Brynlee was already like 7 months old.

She definitely parents differently than me and she has gotten upset because I have not let Brynlee spend the weekend with her. She is 2 hours away and that is just not comfortable for me. She's a great Grandma and loves Brynlee dearly, but me and my mom are very different.

She always offers unwanted/unneeded advice! I love her, but it gets annoying. I'm 26, not 16. Ya know?

September 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I get my mom and I are polar opposites when it comes to parenting.

How did you decide to take the career path you chose?

September 10th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I get my mom and I are polar opposites when it comes to parenting.

How did you decide to take the career path you chose?
I thought I wanted to be a Marriage and Family Therapist so my major set me up for that. Then along the way I decided I don't want to do that. I think about getting my Masters, but always chicken out.

September 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Do you have any pets?
If you could change 1 thing about your life now what would you change?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search