Pregnant Buddies

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Schofield06

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2012, 12:38 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So would you like being pregnant the same time as a close friend or another family member or would you prefer to be the only one pregnant at the time?

After seeing my sister and cousin pregnant last year together, due one day apart, I definatly do not want to be pregnant the same time as anyone else close. Everyone was always comparing them and now always comparing their babies. This would be annoying to me. I am a little worried my sister might try for another child next year like me and after waiting years to have another child I want a nice experience.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

September 9th, 2012, 05:40 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I'd care either way, But I don't expect a friend or family member to be pregnant the same time as me. I don't know anyone whos thinking of ttc anytime soon.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

September 9th, 2012, 08:18 AM
k_hall1784's Avatar Member
I would like to have a pregnancy buddy. That way I won't feel so left out when I can't do certain things.

September 9th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I would mind having someone close pregnant at the same time. It could be kinda fun, and you'd have someone to talk to who was going through the same stuff.
k_hall1784 likes this.
September 9th, 2012, 03:50 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Just as long as its not my sister, we do not get along!

September 9th, 2012, 10:42 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess I wouldn't mind if it was a girl friend. But family I would hate. Especially my sister because she is always trying to be better than me. When I had my kids she later said she was mad because she felt like it should be her turn first because she is older. Well lucky she did not have kids before me because she divorced twice! When she finally did get pregnant last year she was constantly calling me to tell me every little thing about her pregnancy and show me all the things she was buying. It got annoying after a while.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

September 10th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got pregnant 3 months before SIL (DH's sister) did with our first. It sorta sucked, probably because we're not that close. They were almost exactly 3 months apart. (Brynlee July 27 and Cousin October 26.) After the babies were born, all people did was compare the two. They still do.

My bff got pregnant when I was pregnant and her baby was born 6 months after Brynlee. I think it would have been nice if she got pregnant earlier in my pregnancy so we could go through it together (even though she lives out of town).

My youngest sister is pregnant right now. I think it would suck (for the other person) to have a BTDT mom pregnant at the same time as a FTM. The FTM should get to experience all of the stuff by herself or with another FTM....I know I am reading way too much into this. LOL

September 10th, 2012, 03:49 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love having other friends, family, and co-workers pregnant at the same time! It makes it so much more fun to go through (for me anyways) but it is true that everyone is always comparing everything... it just doesn't bother me if that happens.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search