Oh dear....

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Regular
This is probably something that BTDT Mommies will be able to best add input on. Ive mentioned before that I have the Implanon sub dermal implant for birth control. In case you aren't familiar with its side effects, irregular bleeding/spotting is the one most women complain of and is probably the worst one. I've been using it since October 2009 meaning it will be removed in just a few weeks since my 3 years is over. Like with almost every other implanon user ive dealt with the irregularness for probably the last 2 years, however the past 6-7 months AF has been showing up pretty consistently a few days after my friend Trisha's AF came to visit and then I would stop for about a 1-2 weeks and have another round of bleeding.
Well...Trisha's AF came to town early last week. According to my AF tracking app I should have started last Thursday. Sometimes AF has been a few days early or later than my app predicted. Ummm It's Wednesday and AF still isn't here.

*TMI Warning*
Yesterday afternoon I discovered a ton of CM in my panties while using the restroom. I usually have a bit of CM before I start but there was a bit more than usual this time. I didn't think much of it and text B to let him know She was on her way and I would be starting the bc patches I am (or was) planning to use when implanon is out of me. We have plans this weekend so I was thinking of getting started on the patch now to hold AF off for a while so I wouldn't be bothered this weekend. My dr told me I could start them even with implanon still in, so I text Trisha and told her of my restroom discovery and about my plan for starting the patches. A minute later I got a text back that said "ummm....idk that can be a sign of pregnancy too." I had her describe what it looked like during pregnancy (she has 2 LO's) and it sounded very much like what I had.
Also I started thinking back and after lookin at my App discovered it had predicted that I would O on August 20. B left for a weeklong beach vacation with his family on the 18th and we had DTD a few times on the night of the 17th crossing into the 18th. No we did not use a backup method as we trusted my bc. About halfway through his beach trip I started finding thick brown (sorry for this, but it looked kind of grainy and not real wet) discharge/blood, not sure which, when I wiped. There wasn't enough to get on a pantyliner except maybe twice and then there was a little more right before it stopped. I thought it was my 2nd round of bleeding as usual but now I'm kind of worried it wasn't. I have had other things going on that could be signs of pregnancy but none have really been unusual for me. Lower back pain regularly plagues me At work or if I arch my back for extended periods. It was kind of odd a few days ago when I got really sad at work then while waiting for B after (we were going somewhere) I just started crying then once he pulled up I started crying more and really couldnt pinpoint the exact reason. I have been more tired than usual but I choked it up to not sleeping enough and skipping a few doses of my Phentermine. Also, idk if this could be a sign, but the last few times B and I have DTD he seems to hit my cervix no matter what position or how much foreplay is involved. Does any of this sound familiar? I'm really not sure if there's a good chance we've made an Oops baby or if it's just implanon and AF teaming up to scare the crap out of me
September 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My only real advice is to test. I'm not very competent on my CM and am sort of learning. It could be your BC wearing off. When I would switch or stop BC, my body would go wonky. I would have periods that lasted for weeks or no periods or nausea. It sounds like with the BC you are on/ending it would be hard to know.

September 13th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Regular
I'm hoping it is just my bc being a PIA. Im pretty in time with CM. I know I always get A bit before AF comes to town but the other day was just like "omg" which is exactly what I said when I seen it. Yesterday I was very bloated all day and tired, but both could be related to AF. Still no sign of her this morning tho other than more CM. If she doesn't show up by this evening i'll be picking up a test when I go to Walmart to grab a few things I need. So we'll see.
September 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would think it could take a bit longer for the implant to wear off, but it does sounds like signs of fertility. Definately use some back up, and take a test before starting the patch. GL
September 13th, 2012, 02:15 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I too would test before starting the patch. But your body could just be gearing up to O. Good luck and keep us posted.

September 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, test, test, test! Good luck and KUP!
September 13th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Regular
Well still no AF.....just the CM. *TMI WARNING* I decided to have a better look at it earlier after wiping and it's definitely like solid white. No trace of pink or anything. Plus earlier today I noticed when I would stand up I would get dizzy I managed to knock one of my moms pics she just bought off the wall and shatter it when I grabbed the bathroom door frame to steady myself until the dizziness subsided. Lovely. So she kinda freaked when I told her what had happened....asking of I'm pregnant. I said I don't think so. (even tho I'm fairly convinced I am at this point.) and as expected she freaked a bit....mainly because of my grandparents. Annnnd started the lecture on using condoms to prevent STDs and how if I am B could back out.....after about 5 minutes I had to not-so-nicely tell her I didn't need her "reality check" as she called it and that I knew all of this already but ***** happens. She ain't said anything else about it.

Anyway, we decided to give AF until Saturday morning to arrive. If she's still MIA when we wake up (I'll check as soon as I get out of bed) then I'll POAS right away. I did read somewhere today that Implanon can give a false negative HPT? Anyone know about this? And finally, to end this on a happy note, B has said that if I am that he's only really afraid of telling his parents. Other than that he is happy/excited I'll keep y'all posted on what's going on and such. Thanks much for the GL wishes!
September 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a possibility! If I were your mom I think I would have driving right to the store and demanded you test haha. But anyways, good luck! Hope you get the result you want and KUP!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
September 14th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Regular
Haha well She can't really "demand" I do anything anymore or I'm very sure she would have. But we're headed back to our hotel now so I'll have to double check when I get there but as far as I know I'll be testing in the morning.
September 15th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Regular
So after having no signs of AF, I took a test this morning as soon as I got up.
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/...2/991ae23a.jpg

I'll be testing again in a week if she still hasn't shown.
September 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It can normal to be late once in a while. I've been up to two weeks late twice in my life and not been pregnant those times. I can't remember how many days late are you now?

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
September 16th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Regular
If the AF tracker app I have is right, then I'm 10 days late. I took another test this morning because I went to throw the test away n seen a little blue line had shown up in the second window. I knew it was a possible evap line but I hadn't looked at the test after the original 2 minutes so I wasn't sure if it'd shown up before or after the 10 minute cut off. Anyway it was negative the entire 10 minutes so we're good haha. Can't say I wasn't slightly disappointed but at the same time I know this is what's best for us at this time. So for now, I'll keep (im)patiently waiting thanks for everything ladies. Y'all are truly amazing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search