Is this over paranoid?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2012, 02:18 AM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok ladies I need your opinion. Do you think I am over reacting about this or do I have legitimate concern. I am trying to get super healthy in preperation for TTC. I have been eating super healthy and using natural products to avoid as much chemicals exposure as possible.

Well I am really upset about what has been forced upon me at the condos from hell that we live at...

First a couple months ago the condo bellow us sold and the new owner did a complete remodel. For two months we were exposed to paint fumes, glues, and lord knows what else seaping through the floor. No matter how much we tried to air our condo out we could not get away from the chemical fumes for months.

Than just our crappy luck as soon as the neighbors construction project finished the condo assosiation started their own project of re-doing siding and calking cracks and holes in the wood. So now for over a month we have had to breath in horrible fumes from the massive ammounts of culking they put on the wood and with the heat the smell has been even stronger and over whelming and I have had some very bad heachaches from it so I know it cannot be good. Now they are about to start painting and yay more chemical exposure for me!

I am paranoid and super upset about all of these chemicals being forced on me after I am trying so hard to get my body healthy for TTC. I am even more concerned because the last time I was pregnant it was a miscarriage and I researched and read that all of these chemicals can damage egg quality which can than result in miscarriage

I seariously want to pack everything and move to the mountains

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

September 15th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! It's no fun when things get you worrying like that. I don't know if it helps any, but usually when chemicals like that do significant or lasting harm it's because people were exposed in very high amounts ( like from being the person painting or caulking) for a very long time (like years). So it's most likely that since you aren't actually caulking or painting and get the fumes after it dissippates some it won't be as bad for you. I know it still stinks and isn't fun.
September 15th, 2012, 01:24 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No you aren't over reacting. I absolutely hate to be exposed to chemicals etc more than necessary. We already get so much of it in so many forms that it's frustrating to have more added to that. I'm sure you will be fine from it but yeah, I see your point and I'm sorry you have had to deal with all that for that long.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search