WTTCer of the Week

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 06:56 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Pre Baby Life:
Hey! I’m Amanda. I turned 28 in June. My husbands name is Dan and he is also 28. We have a 2 year old son, Levi. We've been married for a little over a year and we've been together for 4 1/2.
Me is Preschool:

DH in Preschool:

I grew up with an older brother who is now 31 and younger sister who is 22. My parents were teachers so they had off 3 months for the summer every year. We had a camper and a boat and traveled a lot! (I have been to all but 8 states and a lot of different countries) I lived in a nice suburban neighborhood and attended elementary school right up the street from my house. I loved art when I was younger. I was pretty good at drawing and won a bunch of contests. I had an obsession with whales and collected key chains .

Brother, Sister and I

I was an average kid in school but I had a lot of fun. I was a runner on the cross country and track teams in high school. I was totally into boys and became a party-er. After graduation, I got accepted to a local Penn State branch and went to collage there for 2 years. After that, I transferred to main campus my 3rd year and continued to go another 4. (Yeah, 6 years of collage… like I said, party-er lol) I started with a degree in Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management but later changed it to Business Administration.

During the summer that I turned 21, I moved to the beach with a few friends from school. I worked as a service in a restaurant and had an absolute blast. We partied way more than we should have and didn’t bring home any extra money but it was well worth it.

During my last year in collage I started having really bad stomach issues. The stress of trying to graduate got to me and I had to get a ton of testing done. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease and am currently prescribed 13 pills a day to try and control it.

I love anything that has to do with palm trees, sand and water. I am a total summer person. The beach is my favorite place in the world.

Last edited by BelloFiglioLA; October 8th, 2012 at 07:20 AM.
October 8th, 2012, 07:18 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved all your pics to go along with your story!!!
Can't wait to hear more!
October 8th, 2012, 08:08 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Loved your post! I can't wait to hear more!
October 8th, 2012, 08:15 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing!! Loved all your pics!
October 8th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Veteran
What a great story! Except the crohns disease part I feel for ya! That has to be rough to deal especially being so young!

October 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the comments girls!! I am home sick from work today and dont have internet. (Except for my phone) I will post my love story tomorrow. Sorry!

October 9th, 2012, 12:34 PM
No worries hun! Feel better!
October 10th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Dh had a completely opposite life than I did. His parents had him and his brother 13 months apart. They divorced when he was 2 because his Mom cheated on his Dad. His Mom had full custody but started doing drugs pretty heavily when DH was a toddler. He has told me stories about stealing VCRs from stores and walking out with new shoes on his feet so that his Mom could sell the stuff for drugs. He slept on the floor of various crack houses and was in a drive by shooting.
When he was 8, his Grandmother called the cops on his Mom, had her arrested and took DH and his brother in.

I actually met DH in Jr. High. We lived in the same school district and our elementary schools merged in 7th grade. Even though we are the same age, he was a grade above me so we never talked to each other. He wasn’t the best student in school and didn’t get good grades. Around this time he got really into basketball. He spent most of his free time at the park playing and attributes his love for basketball to keeping him out of trouble and focusing on positive things in life instead of dwelling on the past. He couldn’t play in high school because his grades weren't good enough but everyone who knew him called him “Dribbz” because he was awesome at basketball. He ended up not graduating with his class because he had to complete summer school after graduation. At 18, he got his diploma and moved to Jacksonville, FL to live with his Aunt and Uncle. He spent the next 6 years working there and living at the beach.

He moved home when he was 24. The night he moved home, he hung out with a couple of my best guy friends from high school. (One of whom I was dating at the time) From the very 1st time we hung out, I knew he was the one. It was the 1st time in my life that I felt completely comfortable opening up and being myself around someone right away. He came home the end of February and by April we were officially together.
I still lived in State College at the time and he would come visit me for a week here and there until I graduated in May. I moved home after graduation and we spend every single day together.

I accidently got pregnant in December of 2008. I lost the baby at 13 weeks and had a D&C in March of 2009. We bought a house in June 2009 and I was pregnant (on purpose this time) by September 2009. Levi was born June 2010. We got married July 11, 2011 in Jamaica in a small, absolutely perfect ceremony by the ocean. He is the love of my life and we complement each other perfectly!

And just for kicks: These are our Senior pictures Lol

Last edited by BelloFiglioLA; October 10th, 2012 at 06:51 AM.
October 10th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cute!
October 10th, 2012, 09:58 AM
aww that is too cute! Your wedding looked so beautiful!
October 10th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Motherhood:
I was never really the type of girl who “always wanted to be a Mom.” In fact, I didn't even know if I wanted kids before I accidently got pregnant. I fell in love right away and felt like my world ended when that baby was taken from me. That really changed everything for DH and I. We decided that we definitely wanted a baby, and we wanted one soon. We got our lives together, found jobs and bought a house. I found out I was pregnant in October of 2009 (this week 3 years ago actually!) I had a super easy pregnancy. I never got sick and had no other complications. I gained about 60lbs but that was my fault for eating everything I could get my hands on!

My due date was June 15, 2010. I was expecting to have him while I was still 25 but that didn't happen. My birthday (June 19) came and passed. I was still pregnant and now 26.
My Dr. decided to induced me on June 24th. I spent about 17 hours in labor and finally met my baby at 8:50 on June 25th - 10 days after his due date. I pushed for over an hour but he was posterior and stuck behind my pelvic bone. I ended up with an emergency c-section.
(Side note: My Uncles birthday is June 25 and growing up I always told him he had the perfect birthday. Exactly 6 months from Christmas! I find it very weird that my son was born on my idea of the perfect birthday!)

Being a parent is the most amazing experience. DH and I both have laid back personalities. We are more about our kid having fun than knowing all of his shapes and colors at a certain age. Life is short and we want him to have a good one! I am more of the disciplinarian than DH. He is a sucker for that little boy. It amazes me every day that he started out as this teeny little baby and in what seems like an instant he is talking in sentences. I can't wait to see him grow into a little man. He is smart, funny and super athletic. He is 100% boy. (Last night he had to take his tractor, fire truck and 2 train cars to bed with him lol)

I can't wait to give him a sibling!! I am so ready to be a Momma again to a teeny little baby.

DH and Levi around the same age:

I LOVE pictures.. if you haven't noticed!

October 10th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Veteran
OMG your story is so beautiful....and the part about parenthood and your son sounds like a story I would write about my life as a parent and my son! I love every part of him. Sooo weird too my due date was June 17th, 2011...however aaron came 4 weeks early. Also weird I am from PA I see you are too and even weirder yet.....the guy you were standing with in Jamaica....I have a picture of him from my honeymoon!!! He was a great guy! Where did you stay in Jamaica? I am hoping to try next October when my little man will be almost 2 1/2 but I would try again right now if it wasn't for finances Good luck to you for the rest of your life! You and your DH have built a beautiful one and looks like it is near perfect

October 10th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Aww thank you!! The similarities are crazy especially the dude from Jamaica! We got married at the Beaches resort in Negril. He was awesome. Dh said he smelled really bad but I didn't care. He made us a magnet out of a coconut shell with our wedding date on it. Where is Auburn PA? I live in South Central Pa, about 30 mins south of Harrisburg.

October 10th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Veteran
Our resort was right next to yours! We stayed at couples swept away! Loved it! Yes he did smell bad he bummed a cigarette off me lol! He was like the local legend! That was soo cool and nice of him to do that for you! I thought everyone in jamaica were super nice! Auburn is about 1 hour north east of Harrisburg. We are considered "the coal region" lol. If you ever been to cabelas in Hamburg we are about 10 mins north of there.

October 10th, 2012, 01:06 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love love your story & all the pictures keep them coming lol
October 11th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love reading your story and seeing all the pics! Love your belly shot! Beautiful.
October 11th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I loved reading all about you! Its time for questions!

Do you want a vbac?
What is your favorite thing about your sons personality?
What is your favorite tv show?

October 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Thank you for all the comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post

Do you want a vbac? Yes, I do! My BFF just had one and she said it was totally worth it. We have the same doctor so hopefully it's an option for me!

What is your favorite thing about your sons personality? I love that he is silly like DH. He loves to do everything that DH does and it is so cute.

What is your favorite tv show? Hmm... Teen Mom? lol One show that I am into at the moment is Breaking Amish. I love to see how other people live and experience life.

October 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I was watching Breaking Amish and kinda forgot about it! I need to catch up!

October 11th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your favorite color?
How many kids do you want?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search