What does your partner think?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1fabulousfem

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
What does your DH or DP think of trying for another baby, is he less excited, as excited or more excited?
What are your expectations of him?

October 9th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Terra_Mater's Avatar Veteran
DF is warming up to the idea, he is definitely less excited than me but reasonably so. It isn't necessarily my expectations that get him down, more like his expectations get him down. He has high expectations for himself and wants everything to go perfectly. I used to want to change that but I have accepted that that is who he is, so I am letting him have extra time to prepare. I don't mind waiting if it is easier for him. I expect him to take care of us so I feel it is only fair that he gets to prepare.

We did compromise on TTC next year, because I don't want to be much older when I try for my first, and I want to have two children. We will re-evaluate as the time gets closer to make sure we are financially ready.
October 9th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I just had my first child and just turned 35. I would like 3 children and DP only wants 2.
We still need to talk about it but he is super excited an he to puts so much pressure on himself! He is a great father.
When you hold your child in your arms for the first time it really does something to you. Hard to explain.
Look forward to getting to know you!
Terra_Mater likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 12:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Well since we arent waiting anymore he was fine with it and we were both okay with it and then BAM pregnant. lol. He is really supportive so I dont worry about him too much.
October 9th, 2012, 01:58 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say less excited than me, but then I'm not really all that excited yet either. haha

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
October 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hubby is finally getting used to the idea of having kids. I think our loss affected him way more that he lets me know. His sisters told me he was much more emotional than I've seen him.
I think we're about the same amount of excited/scared right now. I'm starting to feel a little less terrified of the idea. (YAY)
I think he's going to be awesome as a dad, but he'll also teach my kids to drive me nuts just for kicks. So It'll be a rollercoaster ride with him.
October 9th, 2012, 03:27 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely less excited, but he is starting to tell people we will be trying soon (which I think is major TMI, but at least he is getting comfortable with the idea lol).

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

October 9th, 2012, 09:42 PM
*~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~*'s Avatar Mommy Since 2006
hes excited, he throws baby names at me randomly and asks what i think of them and if they could be a possibility on our list of names. He tells me if we had the money to reverse right now he would do it in a heartbeat. but i dont think he could be as excited as me.. i have had mega baby fever since my first was born and with each child it gets worse LOL

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

October 10th, 2012, 02:49 AM
I think these men are always more excited than they let on!
My DP was so excited to hear that I was pregnant but the look on his face when our son was born was just priceless.

October 11th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's ready anytime! I wouldn't say he's excited... but he's happy we're going to have one more. He's looking forward to completing our family. I expect the same awesomeness of him as with our first two. He has this down pat by now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search