Anxiety, anyone?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I just found this particular board. I would love to start checking things out here! I am 24 years old and my fiance is 30. We rescue dogs in the great state of Tennessee. We are waiting impatiently for babies for many reasons. We have a lot going on. The two biggest reasons I wanted to wait are: 1. I would like to finish school. My babies will have an Electrical Engineer for a mama! 2. I have PTSD and anxiety disorder. I so afraid of how bad it might get if I get pregnant.

Do any of you suffer from anxiety disorder? Do you have the same fears of anxiety increasing in pregnancy?

Anyway, nice to meet you all! I look forward to checking out this board. It's nice to at least talk about it to ease the constant pining over it.

Have a great day, ya'll!
October 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Hey! Welcome

I have anxiety. I take Citalipram and Ativan daily for it. When I was pregnant the 1st time, I was on Zoloft so it was still able to be controlled. It does make me nervous to get off of the Citalipram though because I've experienced the withdraws and they are not fun. I also know that my anxiety is worse right now than it was before I got pregnant. Have you talked to your doctor at all about controlling it when you do get preggo??

October 17th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Hey! Thanks for the quick response!

I currently only take Ativan for it. I have tried Zoloft, but for some reason it made me totally lose my appetite and caused a huge drop in my weight. Same problem with Lexapro. I haven't heard of Citalipram. I will have to ask my doctor about that. I have tried to be tough and go the past couple of years with no meds and just focus on therapy, but it just isn't working for me. I have an appointment next week with my doctor to discuss meds again. I will also talk about what options there are for controlling it while pregnant. My fear is, Paxil is the only thing I've ever taken that even put a dent in my anxiety, and you can't take it if you're pregnant. I'm just scared that I will end up having a miserable 9 months instead of enjoying it! Did the Zoloft help you a great deal? Did you have problems with your appetite? It's been 6 years since I've tried that one.
October 17th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!
I don't have any diagnosed anxiety. I just wanted to say hi!
October 17th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Aww! Hi Schofield06! Nice to meet you!
October 17th, 2012, 01:15 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Citalipram is the generic name for Celexa I think.

I don't think the Zoloft worked as well as the stuff I take now but it kept me from freaking out while being pregnant. The only side effect I get is gaining weight and lower sex drive. Both are less important to me than being able to leave my house when I need to though lol.

October 17th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Super Mommy
I also have anxiety. I take celexa and zyprexa. I'm nervous about being without it. The doctor will help though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search