My WTTCer of the week

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2012, 02:33 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am going to post it all at once so bare with me!

Okay so about my childhood and life before kids....

I was born on my due date after 1 hour and 30 minutes of labor on June 14th, 1985. My mom started out as what seemed to be a very AP mom. She wanted to extended BF, CD and all kinds of other stuff but she had to supplement with me because she was starving me or so she says. When I was 4 my sister was born. Things were pretty normal for a while. We took family vacations went to the river, I was in brownies (my mom was the troop leader), we had neighbor hood BBQs, and like I said we were pretty normal. Until my sister turned 10. Then things took a drastic change. My sister began to steal run away, made plans to kill my parents. She was sent on a 51/50. There were a lot of diagnosis's sent around and medication taken but nothing really stuck. She was on and off medication and in and out of trouble my whole 4 years in high school. I kinda felt like I was on the back burner and the rest of my childhood was spent trying to fix her. In the midst of all this I managed to be in our nationally ranked HS marching band and on varsity swim.

During HS my sister got kicked out of school. Someone broke into our home to see my sister and so we had to move. We moved into a beautiful home that my sister snuck guys in and out. And you guessed it was pregnant at 16. My childhood was then over as more focus moved to her. Even though I was older at the time I was still living at home and still wanted my parents attention. Because of this I no longer speak to my sister and there is a lot of issues.

Even with all these issues I really feel like my parents did their best given the hand they were dealt. My parents were at every band competition and every swim meet. I loved the family vacations and sometimes wish I could go back. There is really not much else to tell

My dad, mom, and me along for the ride

My mom nursing me

Me and my little sister

A few pictures of me (I got lazy on scanning) One as a brownie, one just because and the other is me jet skiing.

Tuesday Our love story!

Our story begins on June 17th, 2003. My friend and I were at the bowling alley just the two of us hanging out but it wasnt as fun as we expected it to be, it wasnt cosmic there were not very many people there so we decided to leave and head to a place called gameworks. Which was about 15/20 minutes away from where we already were but hey it was a Friday night we were 18 and had just graduated HS. When we walked into Gameworks I noticed this attractive guy playing a game next to the booth where you pay. I said to my friend hey he's kinda cute. So we walked in and started having a good time. Then I noticed that the guy from the front was staring at me and I keep finding him as well. Shortly before 10pm, Kyle finally approached me and asked if we wanted to play air hockey with him and his brother. Wendy and I did, but over the loud speaker they announced gameworks was now closed. (ugh) So Kyle left he walked away I really thought I was never going to see him again. As he was walking to his car with his brother in the opposite direction of where I was parked, I yelled out, "Gosh Wendy I guess he doesnt want my name or my number." As Wendy and I were getting into my truck their car pulled up beside us, he then asked for my name and number. As we were leaving the mall parking lot they pulled into a gas station and we turned around to pull in behind them. We chatted for a few and made plans to talk on the phone that night. During that conversation I found out how old he was, this whole time I thought he was older than me but turns out he was only 16. But I was willing to give him a shot, I had just turned 18 after all.

On June 18th, 2003 we had our first date. We went to the movies and saw Finding Nemo then we went to gameworks again to play some video games. Now since he had just turned 16 he didnt drive yet so his brother drove us and we have never lived that down in 9 years together.

On June 14th, 2005 Kyle proposed in between the place that we met and the place we had our first date. I knew it was coming but I didnt realize it was happening that night. It was amazing my mom was there and we were all crying. Before this time Kyle had joined the navy after much discussion of our future together I realized how important him being in the military was to him. I never wanted to be a military wife but now I cant imagine not being one.

The year the followed our engagement was a tough one. My dad was not happy with the date we set for our wedding, (he told Kyle we could get married in 2 years, we wanted 1). There was no way I was going to let my fiance move to WA without me! So my mom and I made plans while my dad sunk into a depression. It was a tough year for our family not just because of the wedding but my grandma was diagnosed with liver cancer, and my sister was pregnant. So there was a lot of other things that did not help the situation but I was marrying Kyle and I just hoped that my dad would come around. He did and on August 19th, 2006 he walked me down the aisle. Although he wasnt in the greatest mood about the whole thing he knew I would never forgive him if he was not there.

Kyle and I went on a 3 day camping trip for our honeymoon. Then we made the 18 hour journey to WA to begin our new lives as husband and wife. Little did we know what a ride that would be. Almost a month to the day after we got married we found out that David was on his way. Kyle was 19 and I was 21, we were terrified. Not only was I terrified about being a young mom I was terrified because in January Kyle was leaving for a 8 1/2 month deployment, I was going to be on my own. But that deployment has only made our bond that much stronger.

Almost 9 years later and that man still gives me goose bumps like he did on our first date. I think we have surprised everyone who thought we were too young to be in love strong enough to last. Every year that we are married I feel a sense of I told you so come over me. He still knows how to make me smile, make me laugh, and I know that he was the right choice. And I also believe that everything happens for a reason. If we were not bored that night at the bowling alley, would I have met him eventually? Or would it have been a missed opportunity? Kyle and his brother were at gameworks the day before we met as well (its a 35 minute drive for them) but were there that night as well. I believe with all my heart he was made for me and I was made for him. He is my perfect match.

Motherhood...

What a journey motherhood has been for me so far. My journey began on September 11th, 2006. My first positive pregnancy test 1 month after getting married. Talk about a shocker We were young but we knew we wanted to be parents so we would do anything in our power to make it work. David's pregnancy was difficult for many reasons pre-term labor, possible pre-e and a deployed husband. It was tough in the beginning, BF did not work out mainly because I was young, tired, had little support and everyone telling me I was doing it wrong ect. So I gave up before I really even began. Kyle came home when David was almost 4 months old.

My only knowledge of baby wearing at the time were crotch danglers.

Our first family picture

A bonding moment at home

To say we were very traditional is an understatement. I didnt even know there was such a thing as AP, I thought babies were suppose to cry to sleep, David sleep in their cribs from day one ect. In fact my mom yelled at me one night for having David in bed with me.

Fast forward to when David was nine months old March 2008 we found out we were pregnant again. And I knew I wanted to do things differently. I was more determined to BF and do things differently. I still thought that co-sleeping was dangerous and that CIO was the best method, it wasnt until Katelynn was a few months old that it clicked in me this is not right. I hurts my heart to hear my baby cry so wouldnt it be hurting them as well? My extent of baby wearing still did not go outside a crotch dangler. I wanted other carriers but money just would not allow it.

I tried really hard as David and Katelynn got older to maintain patience and do things in a positive light but my husband deployed again when Katelynn was just 2 months old. I went through a lot that deployment. I got a mirena IUD and it caused a lot of issues. It made me have horrid headaches and a ton of anxiety. Luckily that was removed and I was back to my old self. When my husband returned from deployment I felt like a new person. I had started cloth diapering and was more in tune as a mom with my kids.

In June of 2009 we were a whole family again and ready to start our new adventure!

In the few years that followed AP just fell into place. I caught a lot of flack from family but I didnt really care. It was time I started listening to myself and not everyone else. It was my turn to be the mom and not do what everyone else wanted me to.

In August of 2010 we moved and that was probably the most amazing thing for us as parents was to get to a place where we were happy as well. WA just was not a happy place for us. We received orders to San Diego,CA. YES we were going HOME!!

In Oct we decided we were ready for baby #3. And In dec we were pregnant!

Everett's pregnancy was a family event! Since we decided to have him at home everyone was involved in the whole process. The kids helped at appointments. We all just had an amazing experience.

His birth was also a family event. Both kids were present when their brother came into the world.

Everett's birth really changed all of us and made us love the AP style of parenting even more. We are not perfect with it. I yell and threaten sometimes but its a learning experience and I would not want my children raised any other way. Everett is my first child that has been BF beyond 4 months and I plan to self wean. I am loving the journey and I am thankful that I have this board to go to when I am struggling.

Last edited by navywifey2003; October 19th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
October 19th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing! I love your stories!
October 20th, 2012, 06:34 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing!!!
October 21st, 2012, 02:04 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Loved it! I loved seeing all the pics! How young you and your hubby looked in the beginning. My DH and I have a few pics where I'm like WOW, look at us! What wonderful memories to share with your children in the future. Thanks for sharing.
October 21st, 2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks ladies! I am glad I was able to share! Im open to questions if you ladies would like to ask as well!
October 22nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Love it! Thanks for sharing Great pics! I love the one of your parents!

October 22nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's the best date you've been on with your DH?
October 22nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing! You and your family are just beautiful!

October 22nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schofield06 View Post
What's the best date you've been on with your DH?
I would have to say meeting his ship in Hawaii after being apart for 6 months!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search