My WTTC of the Week *UPDATE POST 5*

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Monday - Pre-baby life: your childhood, hobbies, education, etc

I grew up in Kansas with my mom, stepdad, older brother and older sister. My sister was only 1 year older than me so we were rather close. We moved around a couple times but stayed in the same general areas in Kansas.

I remember playing a lot outside and riding my bike all over town. Something I'd definitely not let my kids do today I miss the childhood playing, everything was so innocent. I spent a large portion of my summers reading books with my sister. Her and I are both book-a-holics. When I was 12 we moved to our "final" house in a new town. Countryish, 6acres, pond and all that fun stuff. Wish my parents were more countryish though and did gardens but they only did that about one year.

I started working when I was 15, part time and made a ton of money as a waitress. Wish I was young and cute again LOL! My parents started drifting apart and eventually divorced. My mom and I never got along and my bro and sis were already out of the house. I got blamed for a lot of things they did and I was always trying to cover their tracks so they wouldn't get in trouble. At 16 I pretty much took care of myself. Went to school, worked almost full time, fed myself, paid myself through HS. It was just my step dad an I at home. I started dating DH a month before I turned 17 (will save the story for tomorrow). If I wasn't working or in school I was with him.

I graduated HS early and moved out (at 17). Home life was very unhappy with my parents divorcing and whatnot so I just told my step dad I couldn't do it anymore and DH's (boyfriend then, obviously) grandmother begged me to move in with her. So Josh and I lived with her until our apartment opened up a few mths later.

I have worked at multiple different shoe stores and a daycare. I got pregnant at 19 and that set me on my whirlwind of pregnancy/birth learning and I grew up a lot in just a short amount of time. Never really had any hobbies except for reading and just researching things that interest me.

I didn't get my degree in Criminal Justice/ Forensic Psychology until after I had both my little ones. I never plan on using it though, completely lost faith in the CJ system. Instead, we want a homestead!

We bought 16 acres this year and are living in a cabin on the property. Our RV will be arriving in the next week or so (hopefully) and we'll bunker down through winter. Next year we will be building our two story house, the upper part will be cob and the lower part will be made out of cinderblocks. Eventually we want to build an Earthship on our property as well, but that will take years and we need something fairly easy to get going next year to live in.

We want lots of animals, donkeys, pigs, chickens etc.... LOL! We have 3 dogs and 3 cats right now.

Hobbies (again just researching stuff and implementing it in my life) include:

All things natural! lol
Natural health
Natural birthing
Homebirthing
Natural healing
Herbs
Food (raw food, paleo diet)
Spirituality
Paganism
Chakras/Reiki
Divination (I read tarot and oracle cards and interpret dreams in my SS store - link in siggie)
Homesteading
Farming
Gardening
Eco Living
Green Living
Self-Sustainability
Canning/Dehydrating etc food is something I'll be learning/working on next year.
READING, I love books. I think that's the third time I've said that now LOL
Attachment Parenting
Baby Wearing
Breastfeeding (extended)
Yoga
Meditation

I guess if I could "tag" my life those would be the words I'd use
navywifey2003 and Schofield06 like this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Last edited by Earthy.Mama; November 13th, 2012 at 11:34 AM.
November 12th, 2012, 07:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I cant wait for tomorrow's love story!
November 13th, 2012, 02:22 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

November 13th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Will work on this in a bit, just a tad busy today LOL
navywifey2003 likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 13th, 2012, 11:29 AM
~*~*~ All about ♥ ~*~*~

This is going to be LONG, but it's a great story, a little hocus pocus stuff in it too

My brother (Tony) and DH's older sister (Tami) were dating. They have two kids together (they are no longer together, I haven't seen or heard from my brother since I was 8mths pregnant with Kailey).

I was 16 and my brother, his gf (again, Josh's sister), her brother (Josh) and their mom were coming to our house (my parents house b/c the gf lived with us). He dropped them off and I saw him for about a total of 30seconds. I got ALL glammed up to meet him, have no reason why.... it was my brother's possibly future brother in law, just odd but I felt compelled to make sure my hair was done, my makeup was done and I wasn't wearing pajamas lol. Never met him, only ever heard his voice when he'd call to talk to his sister. His sister and I were REALLY good friends and she'd complain about her brother's horrible girlfriend (this chick was literally psycho). My mom and I and my bro's gf would talk about it and tell her that he hopes he leaves her and finds someone good for him b/c she talked very highly of her brother, he sounded like a great guy.

Anyway, I saw him for a total of 30 seconds, nothing special. On their way to the house his mom even joked, "You know Josh, Tony has a little sister and she's real cute"...Josh: "Really? How old"... their mom: "16"... Josh: "Nevermind" (he was 19)

So, this all happened in December of 2002. Soon after, my brother and his girlfriend moved about 3hrs away. Spring break of 2003 my sister and her bf (now hubby), and myself all go to stay with our brother Tony as our vacation. Tami's brother (Josh) and their sister and HER boyfriend all go down too, so it's a big spring break of brothers and sisters who just miss each other and want to hang out. Awwww GAG. LOL!

SLEEPING ARRANGEMENT:
My brother and Tami in their bedroom obviously.
Tami and Josh's sister with HER boyfriend on the futon.
My sister and her boyfriend next to each other on the floor.
That left Josh and I sleeping next to each other. I mean, this was only a 1bedroom apartment.

Everyone was asleep, Dazed & Confused was playing on the TV and suddenly I roll over, look at Josh (he's asleep) and say to myself in my head (now again, I have no attraction to this guy but I just feel pulled to him, it was very very odd)...so I say to him in my head, "I'm going to marry you and bare (?) your children." O_o Where on earth did that come from?!?

Fast forward to May of 2003 my sis has her graduation party and all the siblings and our friends come again (parents threw a big party for my bro and sis when they graduated, like, astronomical keggar party). STILL no interest in this guy but I feel possessive over him, like he was already mine. I really can't explain the feeling. His sister told me that he likes me and I better say something b/c he has tickets for a concert and doesn't know whether to take me or this girl in his GED class. Well, I'm NOT one for competition. I don't care, if you like me you like me.. great. Not into the whole HS drama thing, always kept to myself. I could NOT stop myself though, I hit on him. I'm shy, I don't hit on people, I'd like a guy for over a year and no one would be none the wiser. Yet, I hit on this guy that I wasn't really into. He invited me to go to the concert and I agreed and we've been together ever since.

Something else, and this goes back to my beliefs, but whatever... When I was 12 and playing Zelda in my brother's bedroom I had a "thought" (or in my religion it's called a premonition) and I knew I'd be pregnant at the age of 19 with a daughter. Same thing that happened the night saying I was going to marry Josh.

He's had premonitions since he was a teenager that he'd have a wife and three daughter.

Well, so far everything happened. I married Josh, was pregnant with Kailey at 19 and we have two daughters and are working on baby #3 in January.

ALL ABOUT DH
DH had a rough life, alcoholic father and his mother is a drug addict. They both still are. DH and his siblings had to basically raise themselves. DH dropped out of HS but then went on to get his GED and some college edumication He's a geek. Computer nerd, much like most people are nowadays. We are really family oriented and he doesn't take a backseat to fatherhood like a lot of men do.

This is my favorite pic of DH (and that's his younger sister):

And this is the most recent pic (from visiting another JM friend this summer) of me with my kiddos:

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 14th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Motherhood

I love being a mom. My favorite stage is from newborn to 2years old. LOVE it! I've followed an AP approach to parenting with both girls (and future kids). I didn't know it had a name until I came to JM in 2006 (previous account) and found the AP board. Now that my kids are older I don't post on there too often. I still follow the AP guidelines but I could seriously handle the level of my voice better LOL.

Kailey is just like me, sensitive, loving, caring, sharing, just a sweetheart all around. She doesn't like to see anybody upset and even though she LOVES chocolate and candy, she would give you the last piece just to make you happy

Nola is orny and stubborn like her father. Dear lord her terrible 3's are SO much worse than Kailey's ever were. I knew in womb that she'd be a troublemaker. She even looks like her father where Kailey looks like me! She's not the "sharing caring" type of girl like Kailey is but she definitely gets jealous if someone else is giving me attention and it's not her. You better move out of her way b/c she'll fight you to get away from me

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 14th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your girls sound cute.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search