What the heck is wrong with me?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2012, 08:38 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always wanted to have a BIG family, like 8 kids. Told hubby this when we got married. Hubby came from a larger family, 4 kids. He said he wanted 4. We just had #2. I am over the moon in love with my babies. They are a TON of work, but unbelievably rewarding. But we can't have anymore for a couple years. We are in a rough spot financially, our marriage is in a rough spot right now, and I had hyperemesis with both pregnancies. My body needs time to heal, the kids would need to be older, we need to work out some issues in our marriage, and money.

I so wish I could have another baby, but everything is working against it. God, it sucks. I'm calling OB monday to be put on the patch, since they couldn't get me in for the implanon until the end of Jan. Sometimes I just want to cry!

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13
November 16th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hugs Mama...

I feel for you... I want to have a large family as well but I am having cycle issues and my husband wants to TTC now because he is quite older and doesn't want to be too old to have kids lol... We currently have 1 DD and have tried for the past 4 cycles only to find I have a short LP and low progesterone so I decided to take a couple months to try and regulate my cycle...

I hope everything works out for you
November 17th, 2012, 09:48 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know how you feel, I've sort of been in your situation. I wanted a baby so bad, but our marriage was not in a good place and Dh just wasn't ready. We took 2 years and focused on our marriage. Last summer I finally got into a spot where I was okay with waiting until he was ready and he surprised me a week later saying we could start trying soon (next month, woohoo!). All I can say is that now we are closer I am so happy I took the time to get our marriage in a good place, I think it will make all the difference.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

November 18th, 2012, 07:27 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are feeling this way! Sometimes life sucks, even though you're happy with what you have. I desperately want to try for #2 but there's not a " good" time. We are not planning to stay here very much longer, but hubby can be wishy washy and we have no idea how long his job search would take. Our original plan was/is May/June... But I'm sorta pushing for January. But if we don't move this year, my timing wouldn't really make sense. Life can be very frustrating!

November 19th, 2012, 07:15 PM
First Timer!!!
i feel for you !

im nearly in the same place ... i wanted to have two kids before i was thirty (even thought im SUPER SCARED to be prego since my first went so nutty and i had a 6 month recovery after birth)

BUT even with wanting to have two by thirty i know that i need to get our money in order. weve been having issues DH needs to get a new job and i need to wait thru paper work to get paid for the one im doing atm .... still work . but no pay yet i gotta wait.

also emotionally am i really ready for that again ? is my DH responsible enough for another kid yet? i think the answer to all of these atm is no so im on the pill.

if i were to get pregnant on the pill .... well id just be having a baby i guess ... even though there are things i wanna wait for to happen first as stated above ... things work out is what i believe no matter what ... all we can do is try to roll with the punches as best we can in hopes to get ahead n life so we can afford more children and such

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search