Birthing options

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
(not so patiently) WTTC
What kind of birth would you like? Hospital? Home? Birth center? What experiences have you had birthing in the past?
December 3rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A home water birth is what I am hoping for next time. Last time I wanted a natural hospital birth and ended up with too many unneeded interventions.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

December 3rd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I would love a home water birth, but unfortunately with the complications of my soon-to-be pregnancy, I will be delivering in at Duke.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

December 3rd, 2012, 08:34 PM
(not so patiently) WTTC
I'll be using the birthing center in my city. It's about 15 min. from my house and about 20 min from the hospital so everything should be covered barring any complications!
December 4th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hospital, I'd like to have a VBAC . hopefully it works out, last time I had to have a csection because her heart rate dropped with every contraction and they didn't think she'd be able to make it vaginally. I had a broken elbow (slipped and fell on ice at 38 weeks) and I could only lay on one side to try and get her heart rate up and it made my epidural wear off on my left side.. I could feel the contractions and I had god awful back labor, I was not calm or happy.. when they tried to numb me for my csection, it just wouldn't work.. I had to be put to sleep DH couldn't be in there because I was asleep.. she was born at 2:20pm and I didn't get to meet her until 6:30.. I would rather not have that experience again.

December 4th, 2012, 07:57 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I would also like a hospital assisted VBAC.

With my son I had to be induced at 42 weeks. I had all back labor, the epidural failed twice and I pushed for about 2 hours when they finally told me he was stuck and I'd need a c-section. It was super exhausting and not really my idea of a nice birth.

December 4th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Hospital...and hopefully natural next time round!

My previous birth was in hospital. I really wanted to go natural, but my labor went so fast that I was sure I couldn't make it to 10cm feeling as awful as I felt (little did I know that I was progressing VERY fast, that's why I felt so bad).

Having experience now, I think I will be more able to achieve a birth without drugs.

Otherwise though, my birth was wonderful. I really wouldn't change a whole lot about it!

December 4th, 2012, 12:35 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first I had a hospital birth, went natural until the end and got the epidural due to back labor that I was unable to manage. With my second, I had a home birth (planned) and a water birth (unplanned!). For the next one I will definitely be trying for a home water birth again!!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

December 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Tina_Marie's Avatar Mommy2Boys
With both of my boys I had them in a hospital and they were both wonderful experiences. I wouldnt change 1 thing about my decison I would opt for a hospital birth when we have our 3rd baby!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy

December 5th, 2012, 11:21 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first was an emergency c-section and my second was a planned one. So obviously hospital for me I was very happy with my planned c-section experience and would do that again.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
December 5th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Un medicated hospital birth. That is what I had with my first who was born sleeping at 38 weeks. I would honestly be way to scared not to give birth in a hospital now after my loss. I went to ER due to lack of fetal movement and discovered he had passed away. I was induced and delivered without pain meds.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search