Get your 'vent' on!

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mama.Angie
  • 3 Post By irishblessing

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
We all know waiting isn't fun, lets be honest.. it stinks! I thought it might be nice for those of us who need to vent a little, to get it all out here.

December 7th, 2012, 05:13 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since you said it's okay... Irritated with DHbecause our original plan is to start in June. We've been planning on moving atsome point, and I thought he was going to start applying to jobs in January. Well now some new racing opportunities have come up, this he does as a hobby, but wouldn't be able to continue it with a different company.

So now he tells me, on my birthday, that he'll probably want to wait longer. Grrrrr. The reason we want to move is because he is underpaid and if he could get a job with a higher salary, we should be able to swing me working part time instea of full. I desperately want this because I hate being away from Sawyer.

This also puts a crunch in next baby plans because of timing.

I wish I could se the future...

December 7th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I hate thinking about having to wait over a year to have a baby in my arms. It seems like forever...
I miss my son so much I'm not trying to make anyone gloomy, he is honestly what I think about the most.

December 8th, 2012, 03:20 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your not making anyone gloomy hun, of course he's all you think about!! My losses were not as late as yours, but it still hurts, its normal! The hardest part about waiting for me now is seeing all the ones due around me go on to have beautiful, normal pregnancies! I'm happy for them all, but sad I'm still here waiting, not even near getting to hold a baby yet.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

Last edited by sweety_pie; December 8th, 2012 at 03:31 AM.
December 8th, 2012, 02:13 PM
sweety_pie I know what you mean. I'm happy for all the women having babies but jealous I don't have mine. It's hard seeing pictures of all the precious little ones. I find it especially hard to look at pictures of my nieces baby boy who was born 1 month after my son passed. There is more behind that story but I will just leave it alone.

December 10th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
My journey is a different one, but I understand what you are going through, For 4 years ago (for 2 yrs years off and on )Hubby and I have talked about TTC. Then I had my surgery and it became "impossible" It was a hard journey being 24 and being told no more children. It took me over a year and a half to be semi ok with it, but I never lost hope. Finally, on a whim I did some research and found out with careful planning and monitoring it is possible and that is where I am now.

And my vent, I am sick of people asking when I am going to have another, or people commenting on how its a good thing I can't have more... and I am sure I will hear people tell me how dumb I am when I get pregnant.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

December 11th, 2012, 01:25 PM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm waiting for two reasons, neither of which I like:
-To qualify for a second maternity leave, I need to work for 5 months once I return.
-To improve my chances at my desperately desired VBAC, I need to wait 'til 18 months postpartum.

If neither of those conditions existed, I'd be TTC right now. I want another baby so bad. (DS is 9 months).

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
December 11th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue

I gotta work about 7 months though to max out my benefits. DS is 4 months, I'll be returning to work September 2013 (Canadian mat leave is a year), so hoping I'll go back pregnant

I am really hoping to vbac as well. I wouldn't wish the 'recovery' I had from my c-section on my worst enemy.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 12th, 2012, 02:33 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im getting frustrated with people asking me when wete having the next one. DS is barley almost 3 months! We had family asking when we were going to have our first constantly for 3 years. I dont really want to have a newborn and a terrible 2 year old at the same time or be pregnant with a 2 year old but then I also dont want to wait that long and then again I do. Lol im so all over place ha ha. But I just hate how people keep telling me when to have another baby, its my life so I will have another when I am **** ready to thank you very much and not when you are!

Sorry lol but thank yoy for letting me vent, it feels good lol

December 12th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing to vent as far as WTTC goes... aside from the fact we are certain some family members aren't going to be thrilled, frankly we don't care.
irishblessing likes this.
December 13th, 2012, 01:05 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My biggest vent would just be people's attitudes to having a 3rd after you have one boy and one girl. What makes that ALL people want!? I have heard so many comments like "You are so lucky to have one of each now you can be done" "I hope you got your tubes tied" etc and I'm tired of it. A lot of family even makes comments like that. I did not have kids to get one of each gender, yes, I am obviously happy with them but I'm sure I would be either way. We decided to have another child because we wanted one, not because we wanted a 'boy' (although I'll admit I did lol) Yeah, and just family not being supportive in general. so many 2 is enough comments. I even considered saying that the 3rd one was an opps when we have it, but I have decided not too, I shouldn't have to lie about wanting to add to our family!!!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
December 13th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Today I am tired of people who are pregnant trying to get their baby out sooner rather than later. I understand wanting to be done, but there is a reason baby stays in 40 weeks!! Its to give baby the best fighting chance!! I know people wanted to induce or c-section early just because they are tired of being pregnant!

December 13th, 2012, 04:36 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishblessing View Post
My biggest vent would just be people's attitudes to having a 3rd after you have one boy and one girl. What makes that ALL people want!? I have heard so many comments like "You are so lucky to have one of each now you can be done" "I hope you got your tubes tied" etc and I'm tired of it. A lot of family even makes comments like that. I did not have kids to get one of each gender, yes, I am obviously happy with them but I'm sure I would be either way. We decided to have another child because we wanted one, not because we wanted a 'boy' (although I'll admit I did lol) Yeah, and just family not being supportive in general. so many 2 is enough comments. I even considered saying that the 3rd one was an opps when we have it, but I have decided not too, I shouldn't have to lie about wanting to add to our family!!!
I could have written your post myself!! That's exactly what we've been told since the day we had our little girl and had one of each. MIL even used to tell other people in front of me "There done now, got one of each" I was thinking Ummm its our choice if we have more of not isn't it??? LOL Some people! We just recently had 2 m/c so I'm sure she knows now we want another! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

December 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangebrittainy View Post
Today I am tired of people who are pregnant trying to get their baby out sooner rather than later. I understand wanting to be done, but there is a reason baby stays in 40 weeks!! Its to give baby the best fighting chance!! I know people wanted to induce or c-section early just because they are tired of being pregnant!
THIS!

A friend of mine was due on Dec 5 based on her LMP, Dec 2 based on her u/s. She was miserable by Halloween. She was induced on the 6th and failed to progress and ended up with a c-section. I know it sucks at the end, but baby is not here yet for a reason!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 14th, 2012, 04:29 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
Well said on both points (3 kids and hurrying births) - I hate that people judge for having a certain number of children. Whose business is it if we can afford it and want it? And hurrying births - well, I just don't personally believe in intervening unless it's an emergency.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
December 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangebrittainy View Post
This upsets me too.

I had to be induced at 38w4d due to medical issues with myself AND Audrina and I can't tell you what I would have given to have been able to keep her in there until she was ready to come out. I know I was technically full term, but she was small and it was pretty scary! I will never get why people want to be induced earlier and earlier

December 14th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
TBH, I get sick of people who say things like they hope the next baby is as pretty as my DD. it's one of those compliment/rude thing to say kind of deals. Both of my kids will be gorgeous no matter what other people think.

December 14th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
TBH, I get sick of people who say things like they hope the next baby is as pretty as my DD. it's one of those compliment/rude thing to say kind of deals. Both of my kids will be gorgeous no matter what other people think.
I agree both your children will be gorgeous. Your daughter is very pretty
Comments like the one you mentioned are really rude and most likely the result of people not thinking before they talk.

December 15th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Today I am sick of Violence...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search